See complete instructions on configuring dropshipping.
Dropship on a case-by-case basis
- Orders > Manage Orders > Order Details > Manage Drop Ship from the Action Menu.
- Select a vendor, enter Vendor Order ID (if Allow to enter Vendor Order ID when dropshipping order is enabled in Client Settings), and click Request Dropship.
- After the status updates, click the link to Send PO to Vendor.
- Review the email template and click Send PO via Email.
- After the vendor sends confirmation, update the order's status to reflect the order's current dropship status.
- When the status is updated to Processed, enter the tracking number and shipping data. The order's status at the order source (Amazon, eBay, etc.) will update and the tracking number will be posted.
Note: To update the Order Source as "Shipped" without a tracking number:
- Enable the client setting Enable Preship Confirm, then click Set Pre-ship Confirm on the order's Action Menu.
- To automatically update the Order Source without the tracking number, enable the client setting Mark Order for PreShip Confirmed when DropShipped (Enable Preship Confirm must be pre-selected).
- To prevent the Order Source from being updated again when the tracking number is entered into SellerCloud, enable the client setting Mark Src Updated ForShipping instead of src Updated For PreShipping.
Dropship multiple orders
- Open Manage Orders and select all orders to dropship.
- Action Menu > DropShip Requested > Go.
- On the list of selected orders: Choose vendors, enter the vendor Order ID (if enabled in Client Settings), and click Request Dropship.
- After the status is updated, click the tab Click here to send Purchase Order to Vendor.
- On the following page, select an email template from the drop-down menu and click Send Purchase order to vendor.
Dropship with a file upload
- Select a file export type from the dropdown menu on the DropShip Preferences page (see Dropship Configuration for more information). Contact SellerCloud Support to confirm which file meets your requirements. If none is available, SellerCloud developers can create an export format for you.
DropShipping with Limited Vendor Quantity
Any order that comes in to SellerCloud will reserve the ordered item and reduce the aggregated quantity. When the order is dropshipped, the inventory levels are restored because the item is actually not leaving your warehouse. There are times, however, when its advisable to not replenish your inventory. In a scenario where the vendor will allow dropshipping but limits the amount of available items (for example, allows 100 items total and will not replenish) its a good idea to create a separate warehouse with the inventory allowed by the vendor, and enable the option which will prevent your inventory of that warehouse from replenishing. This will reduce the risk of dropshipping unavailable items.Under Settings > Company Settings > Company Name > Toolbox > Vendors >DropShip Preferences and click the option Do Not Count Inventory for DropShip PO. This setting must be enabled first in the Client Settings - Allow to Ignore Inventory in Purchase Order.
Mark products/orders automatically as pending dropship
Inventory > Product > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences > Dropship mode field > Ship from Vendor or Manufacturer. The order will only attain a DropShip pending status, which will prevent it from going into ShipBridge. It will have to be dropshipped manually.
- If you want to dropship only when you do not have the item in stock, enable the client setting Mark order as Pending DropShip only if inventory not available.
To show a relationship and to track order fulfillment, the order and purchase order are linked - on the order details and on the purchase order. The order and purchase order can be printed out together for recordkeeping by clicking the Print Invoices to PDF with PO on the Action Menu.
Printing shipping labels for dropshipped orders
When orders are fulfilled by a third party - dropship vendor or 3PL - you may be asked to forward actual labels to the fulfillment center.
Orders with a valid Dropship status ("Pending" or more) and an associated Dropship PO will have an option in the Action Menu to Print Shipping Labels. On the following page, confirm the address, choose the carrier and method, and click Generate Label. A PDF will be generated for printing or emailing to the appropriate party.
After generating the label, the order will update to "Shipped" and the dropshipped PO will update to "Received."