Sell on BigCommerce Overview
BigCommerce is a highly popular shopping cart website platform. SellerCloud's integration with BigCommerce through an API makes it easy to list items to your BigCommerce website - whether this is for a simple BigCommerce inventory listing or a more complex listing with multiple variations.
Sign up for a BigCommerce account!
Current API integration
If your version is earlier than 22.214.171.124, follow the steps in this procedure instead: Legacy API integration.
Creating an API account
- Log into your BigCommerce account.
- Click left Settings panel > Advanced Settings > API accounts.
- Click Create API Account (learn more on BigCommerce Support).
- Enter the account name and credentials. The API Path will be generated while you create the credentials for the account.
- Click Save. The API account is created with its credentials shown onscreen (as shown below).
Note: The credentials are also saved to a text file (also shown below) that is automatically downloaded to your computer. This file includes the API Path and the account name; store these values in a convenient location because you must input them into the relevant settings in SellerCloud's BigCommerce plugin page.
- When ready, click Done to close this window and proceed to SellerCloud.
Entering API credentials in SellerCloud
- Click Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website > General.
- In the Store Type menu, select Custom to show a Store Plugin dropdown menu > select "BigCommerce." Note: If the BigCommerce plugin is not on your server, request it from SellerCloud. Next, go to the server, go to HTTP > wwwroot > CoreWebAdmin > Plugins > WebsiteCart > drop the plugin into that folder. If you do not have server access, SellerCloud Support can place the plugin there for you.
- You can return to this page to enable the automatic feeds and set the defaults; see Step #8 for settings' descriptions. Click Save.
- Click ToolBox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website > Website Cart General.
Note: The four "OAuth-type" fields below only appear for BigCommerce plug-in Version 126.96.36.199 or higher; if not, follow these steps: Legacy API integration.
- Populate these settings with their corresponding BigCommerce information:
- Website URL: Enter the API Path
- API Username: Enter the API username (not your Big Commerce login credentials)
- API Password: Enter the API Token
- OAuth Store Hash: Enter the hash from the API path's URL, shown bolded in this example: https://api.bigcommerce.com/stores/cty2urxp9w/v3/
- OAuth Client ID: Enter the Client ID from the API Credentials page
- OAuth Access Token: Enter the Access Token from the API Credentials page
- OAuth Secret Token: Enter the Client Secret from the API Credentials page
- When done, click the page's Action Menu > Install Webhook > Go.
- To ensure all settings are configured correctly and working properly, click Action Menu > Test Settings > Go.
- Select the following settings as applicable:
Enable List Price
This will send the List Price (MSRP) with a strikethrough.
Enable Brand Creation
Brands must be set on BigCommerce when listing a product. If brand is not in BigCommerce, this setting will create it there at time of post.
Enable Active Listing Update
Should be selected since this downloads the active listing reports and allows SellerCloud to match against it for inventory updates.
Active Listing Update Always
If selected, this bypasses the active listings check and updates the inventory of all products.
Enable Product Sort Order Update
Sends matrix variations as they are ordered on the matrix page.
Enable Custom Column Update For Products
Custom columns will be sent to the "Other Details" section when posting a product.
Enable Condition Update For Products
Sends the condition to the website when posting a product.
Enable Matrix Option Image
Checks if an N-Matrix image is available. If not, or if the option is unselected, a child product's main description image is used.
Query Order Payment Status
Check orders in SellerCloud that are marked as "No Payment" or "Authorized," and queries the order's status from the website.
- After verifying your credentials, click Save.
Legacy API integration
SellerCloud communicates with BigCommerce through an API. Follow through the steps below to generate the API Token.
- Locate the Setting panel on left.
- Select Advanced Settings > Legacy API accounts.
- Click the Create a Legacy Account button. On the following page, an API Path and Token will appear.
- Enter a Username for the API.
- Save your settings.
Next, enter the API credentials in SellerCloud:
- Navigate Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website.
- Select General from the sub-menu.
- From the Store Type drop down menu select Custom. This will reveal a Store Plugin drop down.
- Select the Bigcommerce Plugin from the Plugin drop down. (If the plugin is not on the server, you can get it from SellerCloud Development. Then go to the server and navigate to HTTP > wwwroot > CoreWebAdmin > Plugins > WebsiteCart and drop the plugin that folder. If you do not have access to server, the plugin can be placed by SellerCloud Support.)
- Save your Settings. You can come back later to turn on the automatic feeds and set defaults.
- Go back to the ToolBox > Website.
- Select SellerCloud Plug-In Website. Click on it and select Website Cart General from the sub-menu. The BigCommerce plugin will be selected in the dropdown.
- Enter the following Bigcommerce information into the corresponding fields.
- Website URL = API Path
- Username = API username (not the regular Big Commerce login credentials.)
- API Password = API Token
- Enable Authentication.
- Open the action menu and select Test Settings and click GO.
- Enable the following setting where applicable:
- Enable List Price - This will send the List Price (MSRP) with a strikethrough.
- Enable Brand Creation - Brands are required to be set on Bigcommerce when listing a product. If the brand is not in Bigcommerce, this setting will create it there at the time of the post.
- Enable Active Listing - This should be enabled. It downloads the active listing reports and enables SellerCoud to match against it for inventory updates.
- Active Listing Update Always - If enabled, it bypasses the active listings check and updates inventory of all products.
- Enable Custom Column Update For Products - Custom columns will be sent to the "Other Details" section when posting a product.
- Enable Condition Update For Products - Send the condition to the website when posting a product.
- Enable Matrix Option Image - checks if N-Matrix Image is available. If not available, or if option is disabled, a child product's main description image is used.
- Query Order Payment Status - Will check orders that are in SellerCloud that are marked as "No Payment" or "Authorized", and will query the orders status from the Website
- Enable Product Sort Order Update - When enabled will send matrix variations as they are ordered on the matrix page.
- After verifying your credentials, save your settings.
The next step is to download BigCommerce categories. Big Commerce provides default categories, but typically the customer creates unique categories. These categories should have already been created on Big Commerce.
- Navigate back to Navigate Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website.
- Select Website Cart Categories from the sub menu. The Big Commerce plugin should be auto selected in the drop down.
- Press the Re-Download Categories hyperlink and the categories should display on the page and also on each product's Website Properties page.
- Categories are required in order to post products to Big Commerce. You can select categories on the Website properties page, or with a bulk update using the column header Categories.
If the email id is blank, system will enter BIGCOMMERCE-[ORDERID]@sellercloud.com
Additional product settings
Custom Product URL - This sets how the product's URL will be set on BigCommerce.
Example: sitename.com/SKU, sitename.com/ProductName, sitename.com/UPC, etc.
If this field is blank, we will use the ProductID (SKU).