Acknowledging Order Notes and Product Warnings
If an order includes customer service notes and instructions or is for products with warnings, these notes and warnings will require acknowledgement before the order is allowed to ship.
Here are 3 sample situations for using this feature:
- Customer service note - Add a note to ensure the warehouse ships the correct product if 2 color names are close; e.g., Grey and Drk Grey.
- Customer instructions - Customer requested “This is a gift, please don’t include a receipt.”
- Product warning - Flag a product with a message that requires acknowledgement before shipping is allowed.
A useful time for warnings is when products are subject to Proposition 65 regulations. If so, the message will appear in all orders in ShipBridge to confirm that the appropriate warning labels exist before shipping is allowed. Learn more about SellerCloud's features that help you manage Proposition 65 compliance.
Adding a note to an order
You can add any customer service note that you want to be acknowledged before shipping:
- In an existing order > Choose customer service note > Enter the text > Create Note. (You can also enter a note when first creating the order.):
- The note appears in 3 places:
Adding a warning to a product
A product can include a warning to be acknowledged before shipping:
- Inventory > Product Summary > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences > Require Shipper to Acknowledge Warning box.
- Enter your message in the Warning box > Save.
- This message appears in 3 places:
Acknowledging a note or warning
ShipBridge has 2 places where you can acknowledge a customer service note or product warning:
- ShipBridge grid - Select the order > Click the Customer Service or Handling Instructions tabs > Read the note or warning > Click Acknowledge to clear the button (show me where); or
- In Scan and Ship:
- Find the order:
- For a customer note: Click the Customer Service tab > Read the note > Click the red warning icon to mark it as read (show me where). The note remains with the icon marked as read. Tip: This action will clear the Acknowledge button from the selected order in the grid!
- For a product warning: Click the Handling Instructions tab > Read the warning > Click the warning icon to mark it as read (show me where). The warning remains with the icon marked as read. Tip: This action will clear the Acknowledge button from the selected order in the grid!