Repricing Products / Integration with Repricers Overview
SellerCloud can reprice your items based on fixed rules, such as a profit margin. This means that SellerCloud can reprice your items when importing a vendor's inventory file using a special plugin. For example, a pricing rule may be that the selling price must always be 30 percent more that the cost of the product, or even 30 percent more than the total item cost including the estimated shipping cost. As the vendor's price changes, the price of the item in SellerCloud would adjust accordingly.
- Informed.co Feed Configuration - reprices on Amazon, Rakuten (formerly Buy.com), eBay, and Walmart Marketplace.
- ChannelMax Feed Configuration - reprices on Amazon
Amazon may require certain sellers to not undercut their own prices on other channels. If Amazon discovers that a seller is selling the same item for less on a different channel, they may suspend that seller's account. This can make it challenging to work with repricers because, for example, your price on eBay may be lowered to beat an eBay competitor, while the price on Amazon may remain at a higher price.
However, when your repricers are integrated with SellerCloud, you can stay in compliance with Amazon in the following way:
- Repricers create reports of their latest repricing activity. Upon request from the third-party repricer, this can be pulled frequently using a Product Import Scheduled Task. Using a special product import plugin, the lowest price across all channels in the report can be set as the product's site price on the product summary page. This must be coordinated with the repricer.
- Now that the site price is continuously updated to the lowest price, you can set the Amazon price to use the default site price by enabling the Use Default price checkbox on the Amazon properties page.
- Last, you would enable the Pricing Update option on the Amazon Settings page in the Company Settings. Although the pricing updates are typically disabled when using repricers, in this case you would enable the pricing update. This will allow SellerCloud to update Amazon with the most recent pricing change; matching the lowest price set on any other channel.