eBay Item Specifics
Item specifics enable sellers to highlight important details about the item listing. Item specifics are displayed within your listing's description, giving buyers information about the listing in an easy-to-read format.
Setting eBay item specifics
- Click Inventory > Select product > Toolbox > eBay Properties page.
- Click Item Specifics. eBay provides predetermined item specifics fields based on the eBay category you selected for the product. So, while a camera category has one set of item specifics, food categories such as tea will have a very different set of specifics.
- Select an item specific from the dropdowns. If a particular value is not in the dropdown, select Other and enter the value in the blank field here. Item specifics are optional for most categories. .
- To add multiple values to a single item specific, separate the values with a semicolon (for example, iPhone 5; 5c; 5s; 6).
- If there is an item specific field not provided by eBay, you can add the field using the Custom Specifics radio button.
- If the item has an ASIN on the Amazon Properties page, you can try to import Amazon product attributes, which are formatted like eBay item specifics. Click the Use Amazon Attributes button (on the Manage Specific page) and SellerCloud will pull the Amazon Product Attributes directly from Amazon as Custom Specifics.
- This can be done in bulk from the Manage Inventory page: Select the Client Setting Enable convert Amazon attributes to Product Specific. When enabled, there will be a new task in the Manage Inventory page's Action Menu: Convert Amazon Attributes to Product Specific.
- Click Save and the item specifics will appear in the grid to the right where you can manage them.
- Enter the name of the custom specific field you want to add and its value, then save the custom specific.
- After posting the product to eBay, the item specifics you selected will appear in the product description.
Bulk-importing eBay item specifics
To bulk-import eBay item specifics to update multiple products:
- On the Manage Inventory page, search for products that have the same eBay category. The simplest way to do this is to switch to eBay Mode to show a filter for eBay category, then enter the numerical eBay category ID and click Search.
- Select the products > Action Menu > Export Product Specifics Template (Multi Format) > Go. The exported template will have each product in a row, with a column for all item specifics. You can also add your own columns with custom specifics.
- Populate the columns with values as desired.
- Save the file.
- Click Inventory > Import Product Info.
- Select Import Product Specifics.
- Select the file type Excel and select "Multi Product" as the format.
- Choose your saved file and click Import Product Specifics. The values on the file will import into the products.
Using the eBay description template
To include the item specifics into your eBay Description Template, use the placeholder #?ProductSpecifications?#.
Automatically setting eBay item specifics
See the following tips on setting eBay item specifics automatically:
- The client setting Enable Posting Custom Columns to EBay as Item Specific will send all custom columns as item specifics to eBay listings.
- if you do not want all custom columns sent, the client sub-setting Send Filtered Custom Columns Per ProductType to EBay as Item Specific will control which custom columns are sent. Note: This sub-setting's parent, Filter custom columns to be per product type, will show custom columns on the Product Type page for selecting to link.
- Manufacturer SKU (Model Number) is always sent as an item specific manufacturer part number (MPN).
- You can use the client setting Send Manufacturer Name as Item Specific when listing on eBay.
- You can globally map any SellerCloud Product attribute field to an eBay item specific field. The value that is populated in the SellerCloud field will automatically post to eBay as an item specific.
- Click Client Settings > eBay Global Item Specs.
- Select the properties table from the Table dropdown under which the attribute field is located.
- In the blank field next to the SellerCloud column name, enter the eBay Item Spec Name > Save List. The value populating the SellerCloud field will automatically list as an item specific.