Listing on Buy.com
Buy.com uses a single Buy.com ProductID under which multiple sellers can list their product. However, Buy.com gives each seller a unique page under the listing which can be formatted by each seller individually. The design of the page is unique to each seller. If nothing is changed, the product information will be copied over from the existing listing. Buy.com does award one seller a "buy box".
The procedure for listing a new product on Buy.com from SellerCloud varies depending on whether the seller wants to join an existing listing or whether the seller wishes to create an entirely new listing.
Create Brand New Listing
- Enable client setting Export Buy.com products in Generic template.
- Get product ready for Buy.com.
- On Buy.com Properties page, press Configure Attributes. Complete the attribute fields.
- Go back to Buy.com Properties page.
- Select Export for Buy.com from action menu. Press Go. A file will export to your PC.
- This export can be done for many products in bulk from the Manage Inventory page.
- To update products in bulk, use column header BDC_SKU
Posting New Listing for Watches and Jewelry directly from SellerCloud
- Configure a Product Type for Buy.com. Make sure to select the template for the desired categories on the Product Type. The template may need to be placed on your server by SellerCloud Support.
- On the Product Home page, select the product type from the Product Type drop down.
- Ready the product for Buy.com by completing the required fields. Hover over the red X to reveal missing required fields.
- Go to the Manage Inventory page and search for that product. Click Launch to Buy.com on the Action Menu. This will submit your listing to Buy.com, however they will not post it because it does not yet have a Product ID.
- Retrieve the Product ID under the Settings > Company Settings > Company Name > Toolbox > Buy.com Settings > General Settings. Select Download SKU list. This will give you a list of SKUs and their Product ID.
- Copy and paste the Product ID and select Update Inventory from the Action Menu.
- After the product is ready, select Post to Buy.com. SellerCloud Support needs to activate the action Post to Buy.com on the client's server.