- The kit's weight will be calculated based on the weight of all components. This can be controlled by client setting Set Kit Items weight to Kit Parent.
- The kit's site and average costs will be calculated based on the costs of all components.
- All Components
- Main Component
- All Components - Inventory quantity of parent is drawn from all components in the kit. The components keep their inventory count, but share it with the parent. "All Components" means that the kit will be available only when all components of the kit are available for sale.
- Main Component - Inventory quantity of parent is drawn from the main component(s) in the kit. The main component keeps its inventory count, but shares it with the parent. "Main Component" means that the kit will be available as long as the designated main component(s) is available. You can designate more than one product as a main component.
- Independent (used primarily when sending kits to FBA. See below) - Inventory quantity of parent is not drawn from components; its inventory is "Independent" of the components. The kit parent gets its inventory quantity by being "assembled" from the components. The assembly removes the quantity from the components and "gives" it to the parent. It's independency is maintained with sales as well. Sales of the kit will not reduce the inventory of components and sales of components will not affect the inventory of the kits. See below how to assemble an independent kit.
All Components and Main Components
- Add a new product. Assign a name that reflects a kit.
- Open the tool box and click on Kit Properties.
- Select the inventory dependency from drop down. See below when selecting "Independent".
- Add products to the kit, and enter quantities for each kit component.
- Kit components can be arranged in sequence by dragging and dropping the component into its desired sequence on the grid.
Assemble Independent Kits
- Complete 1 and 2 above.
- Select Independent from the drop down and save.
- Now open the toolbox and click Kit Assemblies. This option only displays when a kit has an independent status.
- Now click Assemble Kit and the kit components that were selected on the kit properties page will display.
- Enter an inventory count for the kit and save. You will only be able to enter a quantity that is equal to or less than the inventory level of the component with the least inventory.
- The component inventory used for the assembly will transfer from the components to the Kit Parent. The movement will be noted on the respective inventory movement pages of the components and parent.
Disassembling kits is only available for Independent Kits. Disassembling kits can be done from the Inventory Management page > Action Menu > Disassemble Kit. This feature is also available from the product's Toolbox > Kit assemblies.
Importing KitsClick here for more information on importing kits from a file and exporting kits into a file.
Sending Kits to FBA
Typically, kits that are Merchant Fulfilled have an inventory dependency of "All Components" or "Main Component", while Amazon Fulfilled kits must have an inventory dependency of "Independent". The reason for this is that inventory at FBA is by definition not associated with inventory in your merchant fulfilled warehouse. Because you are sending actual physical units to FBA, inventory needs to be removed from the components and transferred to the parent. Otherwise, the components will remain attached to the inventory in your merchant fulfilled warehouse and still be available for sale as individual units.
- Auto Assemble Kit when adding to FBA Shipments
- Enable Validate Inventory for FBA Shipments
- Auto Dis-Assemble Kit when removing from FBA Shipments
- Auto Dis-Assemble Kit when cancelling FBA shipment
- Auto Dis-Assemble only if it was assembled for shipment
Kit Cost Calculation
Kit costs can be calculated based on three different values:
You can choose which one you would like to use from the client setting Show total cost on Manage Inventory using.
- Enable ALL Kits Cost calculation Once a day - Will recalculate the kit costs once a day (usually during night hours).
- Enable Kit cost calculation for independent kits too - Allows cost calculation for independent kits. (requires Enable ALL Kits Cost calculation Once a day to be enabled).
- With kit orders, the shipping weight and cost can be calculated as a sum total of the individual components.
- When processing a kit order with a dependency on all components or Main component, component information including SKU, Product name, and quantity will display on the invoice.
- When creating an "All Components" or "Main Component" kit, you can require your shippers to scan each component. Click on the Require sub-component scan in Scan and Ship check box (see image above) and the components will display in the Scan and Ship window for individual verification.
- The number of units in the kit will be displayed in ShipBridge in the NoOfUnits column.