Sell on OpenCart
OpenCart is a free, open source shopping cart from which you can build an online store. OpenCart has the standard functionality of an out-of-the-box webstore, but can be highly customized through third-party extensions. While the basic platform is free, you may need to purchase extensions.
SellerCloud integrates with OpenCart by client-supplied FTP. SellerCloud will upload new products, inventory and tracking documents, and download orders from the FTP. PHP plugin should be deployed by the client's web developer or by SellerCloud Support. Two plugins are needed to integrate with OpenCart: DLL and PHP.
- Place the DLL plugin on the client's server.
- Obtain FTP credentials from the client.
- Place the PHP plugin on the FTP connected to the client's website. Deploy instructions are provided in the zipfile. Also see the instruction link for OpenCart on the Plugins webpage.There are two folders in the PHP plugin zip file: catalog and system. You must upload these folders to the site root. Plugin files will then be placed in proper places. These two folders should already exist in your hosting.
- Select Enable Custom Company Settings in the Client Settings.
- Click Company Settings > Toolbox > Custom Settings.
- Create a Company Custom Setting called “OpenCart_DontUploadPrice.” When OpenCart_DontUploadPrice = 1 or True, price will not be updated. When OpenCart_DontUploadPrice = 0 or false, price will be updated via INV-PRICE job.
- Click Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- From the Store Type drop-down menu, select Custom. This will open a Store Plugin dropdown field.
- Select the OpenCart plugin from the dropdown.
- Save your settings. You can return to enable the automatic feeds and set defaults.
- Click Toolbox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website > Website Cart General. The OpenCart plugin will be selected in the dropdown.
- Enter the Website URL.
- Enter Admin Credentials in the API Username and API Password fields. These credentials can be created solely for these fields; they do not need to reference admin credentials on OpenCart.
- Return to Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website > Website Cart Categories. The OpenCart plugin should be auto-selected in the dropdown.
- Click the Re-Download Categories link. The categories should display on the page and also on each product's Website Properties page. Read here about managing website categories.
- Return to Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- Set default values if applicable.
- Select Enable Order Download Limit if there are existing shipped orders in OpenCart. Select an Order Download Limit Date.
- Enable Allow Order Download and Allow Tracking Upload.
- Enable Allow New Product Upload to post new products.
- Enable Allow Inventory Upload when you are ready to have SellerCloud control inventory on OpenCart.