Add Items to PO Based on Inventory Quantities and Sales History
- In this search mode, you can hover your mouse over the SKU to reveal the sales history of that SKU. If this item has shadow SKUs, click the ">" symbol to expand the product and hover over the shadow SKU to reveal its sales history. This information can be used in deciding your order quantities and receiving warehouses.
- Select the items you want to order, open the action menu and select Add to Purchase Order. You will be given the options of adding to an existing purchase order or creating a new one.
- To add to an existing purchase order, enter the PO number in the PO box, or click on the Find link to find it in the search window. Click on the Purchase order number and the number will appear in the box.
- To create a new purchase order, select that option and enter a purchase order description.
- Now click Add/Create Purchase order.
2) Product > Toolbox > Purchasing.
- On this page you have several fields to help manage your inventory level and you can use Quick Add To PO panel to add the opened item to a purchase order.
- Enter the quantity, price and discount values.
- Now select from the PO drop-down to either add the item to an existing purchase order, or create a new purchase order.
- Select a Vendor and a receiving warehouse.
- Click Add to PO. A notification box will display with a link to the created purchase order.
- In the Inventory Low Notice On field on the Purchasing page you can set an inventory low level at which the product will be filtered for notice of reorder.
- Here's how: Set the field to a value of 5, for example, and click Save.
- Navigate to the Unfillable Products page, located under the inventory tab.
- Select Below Inventory Low Level. As soon as this item's inventory level dips below 5, it will appear in this grid.
- When selecting Unfillable Orders all unavailable items of back orders will list in the grid. Use the Order drop down to filter items that have been already ordered. Please be aware that for this to work the status of a Purchase Order must have been changed from Saved or Pending to Ordered.
- You can also filter items by vendor so that the purchase order will only contain items for a particular vendor.
- Select the items you want to order and click Add to Purchase Order on the action menu.
- Another option is to drag and drop an item from the main grid into the purchase order cart. Then click Edit Cart and set up the rest of the purchase order on the following page.
When setting inventory low levels with a bulk update, use the column header InventoryLowStockNotice.