Case Quantity on FBA Inbound Shipments
Unless you signed up for Amazon's FBA Inventory Placement Service, FBA inbound shipments will often be split into many shipments to multiple Amazon fulfillment centers.
This can happen even with units of the same SKU. For example, if you create a shipment of 100 of "SKU123," Amazon may decide to send 50 to one center and 50 to another one.
However, if the shipment is created with a case quantity, Amazon will not split the quantities per case. So, for the example above:
- Define the shipment with case quantity of 100 - Amazon will not break up the shipment and will direct all 100 units to the same fulfillment center
- Define the shipment with case quantity as 25 - This means you have 4 cases, so Amazon may direct the shipment to 4 separate fulfillment centers, but will not direct it to more than 4 centers
Setting case quantity in an FBA inbound shipment
- Create the shipment and add the items.
- Click the Action Menu > Enable Case Qty > Go.
- Click the Action Menu > Edit > Go.
- In the shipment's Qty/Case field, enter the quantity of items within a case; 25 in the example below. This is a factor of the Qty to Ship. That is, the quantity of units you are shipping (100 in the example below) is divisible by the Qty/Case (25). Thus, there will be 4 cases shipping to up to 4 fulfillment centers.
- Click Save Shipment.