Third-Party Billing to Wholesale Customer Account
When shipping to wholesale customers, you can bill the shipping charges directly to the customer's account. This is separate for the regular per-channel 3rd-party billing.
- The order must be marked as a wholesale order. This can be done by checking the Wholesale Order box at the top left when creating the order, or when importing orders under the Wholesale Channel.
- The customer must be a wholesale customer.
- The customer's default carrier must be used on the order. See below #6.
- Navigate Customers > press on customer in grid to open customer's General Information page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the appropriate carrier (currently applicable for UPS only)
- Enter the customer's account number (and meter number if applicable).
- Check the Enable Customer Shipping Account option and save.
- On the side-menu open the Preferences page.
- Select a default shipping carrier for this customer. The customers account will only be billed when the when the shipping carrier on the order matches the default carrier set here.