Third-Party Billing to Wholesale Customer Account
When shipping to wholesale customers, you can bill the shipping charges directly to the customer's account. Note: This is separate from regular per-channel third-party billing.
All of the following conditions must be met in order to bill the customer's account:
- Order is marked as a wholesale order by either:
- checking the Wholesale Order box at the top left when creating the order, or
- when importing orders under the Wholesale Channel
- Customer is a wholesale customer
- Customer's default carrier is used on the order (see #5 below)
To set up wholesale customer third-party billing:
- Go to Customers > choose the customer in grid to open their General Information.
- Check Enable Customer shipping account > Save.
- From the side menu > Shipping Preferences.
- Enter the customer's Account # (and meter number, if applicable).
- Choose a default Shipping Carrier (followed by the shipping method) > Save Preferences. The customer account is only billed if the shipping carrier on the order matches this default carrier.