The Amazon Associates program is a solution to help website owners, web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries on their websites.
When website owners and bloggers who are Amazon Associates create links, and customers click through those links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees.
In SellerCloud, you can use the Product Advertising API to retrieve product information from existing Amazon listings to easily populate your SellerCloud catalog with Amazon descriptions, images, bullet points, and more. To use Product Advertising API credentials (known in SellerCloud as the Product Search Access Key and Product Search Associate Key), Amazon requires you to register for the Amazon Associates program.
To retrieve, and enter or test your Product Advertising API credentials into SellerCloud, follow these instructions.
To enroll in the Amazon Associate Program, follow this procedure:
- Retrieve and test your Product Advertising API credentials following these instructions. If you already have credentials, test your existing credentials.
If enrollment is required, you will receive an error like this:
Failed in search. Your XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not registered as an Amazon Associate. Please register as an associate at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join/landing/main.html.
- If you see the error above, go to the URL shown in the error.
- From this page, choose the option to “Join Now for Free” and use admin SellerCentral credentials to log in using any Amazon account.
- Confirm the address and click Next.
- Enter your website URL > click Add > Next. The intention of the Amazon Associates program requires a website, as it indicates which website the advertisements will be placed on. You must add at least one URL to proceed. If you do not have a website, you can enter another URL, such as sellercloud.com.
- The next page requests a variety of information about the website on which the ads will be featured. Answer this as accurately as possible. See the notes below, and click Next when all required fields are populated.
- The Associate Store ID field is similar to a username
- For fields where there is a primary and secondary field, only the primary is required.
- If you are unsure of the correct selection for a question, guess to the best of your ability. This does not seem to cause an issue.
- Complete the Identity Verification portion by entering your phone number, receiving a call, and entering the PIN provided. Accept the Operating Agreement and click Finish. A confirmation page will appear. From here, it will take from 15 minutes to 24 hours for the Amazon Product Search credentials to test successfully.