Amazon recently launched a program called Amazon Local Selling, which includes BOPIS (BuyOnlinePickupInStore). Amazon Local Selling allows customers to make purchases from local sellers that use their own delivery services to deliver the purchased goods. BOPIS, on the other hand, allows customers to purchase on Amazon and go to the local store/warehouse of the seller to pick up the goods.
This article covers Sellercloud’s workflow for Amazon Local Selling, how to set up your Amazon store in Sellercloud, and how to manage your Buy Online Pick-up in Store (BOPIS) orders and products.
Workflow for Amazon Local Selling in Sellercloud
- Submit your Local Selling application on Amazon, and Amazon’s team will contact you once they review the application.
- Once approved by Amazon for Local Selling, log into Amazon Sellercentral > Go to Orders > Order Reports > Add columns to Order Report and add the columns In store Order and StoreID.
- Contact Sellercloud Support to request the necessary settings be enabled in Sellercloud. Once enabled, you can set up your stores, launch your products and inventory for your location(s) from the Sellercloud platform.
- Process your orders and prepare items for home delivery and/or in-store customer pick up, all without leaving the Sellercloud platform. The process is simple: once the customer places the order on Amazon, the Sellercloud Amazon store service automatically creates that order in Sellercloud as a pending order. Once the order is confirmed by Amazon, the order shows in Sellercloud as a regular order with your Ship To address on it.
- Fulfill pre-ordered items through delivery or pick up easily with Sellercloud. When the order is prepped for pickup, you will have to mark the order as Ready For Pickup. This is an action that can only happen in Sellercloud. Finally, you can mark the order as Picked up.
Set Up an Amazon Store in Sellercloud
To create an Amazon Store in Sellercloud, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Select a company.
- From the Toolbox, select Channels > Amazon Settings > Store Management.
- Click on the Plus icon at the upper right-hand corner of the panel.
- A window will pop up. Add your Amazon store code to it and click Add Amazon Store.
- Open the newly created store from the grid.
- Click Edit.
- In the General panel, add store name, phone number, primary contact email, address, city, state, country, postal code, and other general details.
- In the Store Hours panel, specify the working hours of the store, the time zone, the handling time unit and value.
- In the Hours for Pickup panel, specify the hours in which the orders can be picked up or check the Use Store Operating Hours Per Day box.
- Click Save.
- From the Actions menu, select Post store on Amazon.
Manage BOPIS Products
Through the BOPIS APIs, Sellercloud allows you to manage store setup, store-level inventory, and order status updates (ready-for-pickup and picked-up).
You can enable products for Amazon Pickup both individually or in bulk.
To enable a product for Amazon Pickup:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open your Amazon product.
- From the Toolbox, select Channels > Amazon Properties.
- Click Edit.
- In the General panel, check the Enable for Amazon Pickup box.
- A new Select Amazon Stores field will appear. Select your Amazon Store from its drop-down.
- Click Save.
You can bulk-update products by going to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info. When generating the template, you will need:
- set the value to either TRUE or FALSE.
- enter either StoreCode/AmazonStoreCode/StoreName of the Stores you want to enable the Product for and separate the stores with commas (e.g. Store1,Store2,Store5).
- you can find those by going to Settings > Company > Choose a Company > Toolbox > Amazon > Store Management.
You can update inventory quantities for your products individually or in bulk.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open a product.
- Go to the Toolbox > Click Update Qty on Amazon Store.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select the desired products. If needed, you can use the function Select all items.
- Action menu > Update Inventory on Channel.
- In the pop-up, select Amazon Store > Click Update.
Manage BOPIS Orders
- To view your BOPIS orders in Sellercloud:
- Go to Orders > Manage Orders.
- Set the default Channel filter to Amazon.
- Add an Order Sub Type custom filter and set it to InStorePickUp.
- Click Search. The grid will list your existing BOPIS orders.
- To manage a BOPIS order:
- Open the order from the list above.
- From the Actions menu, you can set the shipping status of the order as ready (Mark Ready for Pickup) or as completed (Mark Picked up).