SellerCloud supports purchasing by the case. This means you can purchase quantities by the case from a vendor and sell those products as individual units. When the purchase order for the case is received, the inventory of the individual units are updated based on predefined case quantities.
For example, let’s say you are selling a package of markers. Your vendor only sells them by the case, at 50 units per case. When ordering the SKU from the vendor, you must order the case quantity of 1, not the unit
quantity of 50. With Case Quantity on the PO, you can order a case of 1, which will update your individual unit count by 50.
Likewise, you can set the cost per case instead of per item. SellerCloud will divide the case cost by the units and use that figure as the item cost.
Using the example above, if the cost per case is set at $40.00, that cost will be automatically set on the PO when ordering by the case. However, the $40.00 will be divided by the 50 units for an item cost of $0.80 per package of markers.
- Save the client setting Enable Per Case Qty Mode.
- On the product level, open the toolbox and scroll down to Purchasing.
- Locate the Qty Per Case field. Define the case quantity of the item, e.g., 50, and Save.
- Locate the Cost per Case field. Enter the cost per case if applicable , e.g., 40, and Save. This will be the default cost per case.
- Note: If you have multiple vendors for the case, you can set cost per case for each vendor separately on the Product > Toolbox > Vendor Prices, and under Settings > Toolbox > Vendors > Select Vendor > Products.
- After creating a PO, open its Action Menu > choose Enable Per Case Qty.
- To default to always create new POs in Per Case Qty mode, save the client setting Enable Case Qty for new purchase orders.
- The PO will refresh with the following fields:
- Qty Ordered – number of units ordered – Case Qty x Case Qty to Order = Qty Ordered
- Case Qty Ordered – number of cases ordered.
- Qty/Case – number of units in a case
- If set, the cost case will be added, either the default case cost or based on the vendor selected for the PO.
- After receiving the case quantity on the PO, the inventory of the individual units will update based on the Qty Ordered.
To sell the item by the case and as an individual item, create the case as a kit. You can then add the kit to the PO.