- On your Magento admin portal, go to menu item System > Web Services > Soap/XML-RPC-Users as seen below.
- Press Add New User.
- Complete profile and create a password to enter in the API key field. Remember the password as you will need to enter it into SellerCloud.
- Save user.
- Now go to menu item System > Web Services > Soap/XML-RPC-Roles.
- Press Add New Role.
- Enter a Role name and current admin password.
- From left menu, select Role Resources.
- Select All from the Resource Access dropdown.
- Save role.
- Add the user to role from the left menu on role.
- On your Magento 2 admin portal go to System > User Roles and create an admin role with full access.
- Create a new user from System > All users and give it the admin role.
- Go to System > Integrations and fill up the integration settings for this user. The username and password (on the bottom) will be used as webservices user and pass.
- On the same page click on the API and select All from the dropdown.
- Save the changes, enter the webservice credentials in SellerCloud and test them from the Action menu to make sure they are working.
Configure SellerCloud with Webservice Access
- Navigate Settings > Company Settings > Company >Toolbox > Magento > General Settings. (When you have multiple companies, each company can be connected to a different Magento website.)
- Check Magento Enabled.
- Magento Store URL – Enter the URL used to navigate to your magento store and add the following suffix:
- When in single store mode – api/v2_soap/index/. For example, http://www.cellphonemate.net/api/v2_soap/index/.
- Note: if your domain starts without the “www” prefix the API url will need to reflect that, like http://cellphonemate.net/api/v2_soap/index/. Also, try to navigate to the URL in the browser to test that it isn’t being automatically redirected to another address. For example, if it redirects you to an “https” address, then something needs to change on the Magento side before it will work.
- Enter Webservice username and API key/password.
- Store ID – Magento can manage multiple stores from a single Magento installation and assigns a number to each of those stores. The Default Website value refers to the default website that is being managed by your Magento installation. If you want to connect to only some stores, enter the Store Id into the Store Id field
- Check the Enable Custom Plugin for Communication checkbox.
- Enter the Magento store URL (if your domain starts without the www prefix the URL will need to reflect that, like http://cellphonemate.net/)
- Check the Enable Plugin for Order Management and Enable Plugin for Inventory Management checkboxes.
- Configure the remaining options as desired.
- Save settings.
- Click Test Settings (Plugin) from the action menu to verify the connection.
- Click Download Attribute Sets. This will bring your attribute set configurations in SellerCloud. You do not need to select anything here. You will be able to select the attribute set on the product level.
In some cases, people have their websites configured to prevent navigation to certain folders and those settings would need to be modified. You should be able to navigate to the API URL using a standard web browser, and it should give you a response that looks like this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.