Custom fields can be created for products in order to add and manage information that is not a standard SellerCloud product attribute.
For example, a custom TAG column could populate with a “Not Live” value to indicate that the product is not live on any channel yet. Any default value can be added to any custom column.
Creating custom product columns
Custom columns are added by your system administrator or by SellerCloud Support. Contact us with your column list and column format types, as shown below.
Each column will have a specific data type:
- String – The most common because it handles any type of text
- Integer – Only accepts a numeric value
- Decimal – Accepts decimal values
- DateTime – Provides a calendar for date selection
- Boolean – Adds a checkbox to mark a value as True/False
- nText – Same as string, but offers a larger character limit
- Hyperlink – URL pointing to a page
By default, you can see enabled custom columns in the product’s Toolbox > Custom Columns, but if you want them to appear on the product’s Summary page, below the standard columns, select Enable Custom Columns on Product Home Page in the Client Settings.
Linking custom columns to product type
You can link custom columns to one or more product types. Once those product types are selected, this will hide any unlinked custom columns from appearing on the product.
- To use this feature, enable the Filter custom columns to be per product type in the Client Settings. This will show all of the custom columns on the Product Type Details page for you to select-and-link.
Custom columns can also:
- Be referenced in bulk update files.
- Be used as placeholders in an eBay description template. The placeholder must be the column name, not the display name. (The column name is shown in Settings > Custom Column Settings.) Placeholders are case-sensitive, so the tag must match the column exactly.