An Amazon customer may initiate a return to either exchange or return purchased items. Amazon will automatically authorize the return and send the customer a prepaid shipping label.
A return report can be downloaded from Amazon and imported into Sellercloud either automatically or manually.
- If the item in the report is a kit parent, Sellercloud will add the components to the RMA instead of the parent
- Amazon RMA ID will be saved to the Order Source RMA #
- A label tracking number will be added as an RMA note
- RMAs will only be imported if their status on the report is “Approved”
- The resolution will be set to Refund
- RMA status will be Open
Import RMA’s Automatically
To import RMA’s from Amazon automatically, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > RMA.
- Enable the Client Setting Download and process RMA report from Amazon.
- Click on the green Save icon for the changes to take effect.
Once the above setting is enabled, Sellercloud will download and process RMA reports from Amazon on an automated basis and display this information on your orders. Note that RMA’s with a status other than Approved will not be imported.
Import RMA’s Manually
Importing the RMA file from Amazon into Sellercloud consists of two steps:
Pulling the RMA file from Amazon
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to Reports > Return Reports.
- Choose the report type, set the date range, and click Request.
- Click Refresh to see the finished report in the grid.
- Click Download to open the XML or TSV format file.
- Import the RMA file to Sellercloud, following the procedure below.
Note: You can also create a scheduled report by selecting Schedule Report Generation to configure an automated report. Note that this report would still have to be imported manually into Sellercloud.
Importing the Amazon RMA file to Sellercloud
- Click Orders > Manage RMA.
- Select Import RMA.
- Select the company > in the RMA Plugin field, choose Amazon RMA Import.
- Upload the file you pulled from Amazon > click Import RMAs.
Note: You will need to have a specific plugin installed on your server to perform this action. Reach out to Sellercloud Support and request the Amazon RMA Import Plugin to be added to your account.