Listing auction and fixed price products
To list a product on eBay, it must be ready for eBay. If the proper eBay values and attributes are not set, a red X will appear before listing can be completed. You can hover over the X to reveal the error message. When an item successfully posts to eBay, the eBay Listing ID will appear in the top left corner. You can click the Listing ID to open the eBay page.
- Navigate Product > Toolbox > eBay Properties.
- Get your products ready for eBay.
- To post a Fixed Price listing: Action Menu > List on eBay > Go. To post an auction: use the Listing Manager page. When the item lists, an eBay ID number will appear beneath the Action Menu.
- You can list multiple items from the Manage Inventory page by selecting Action Menu > Launch on eBay to post the items as a Fixed Price listing.
- When launching a kit, the component images can be sent together with the image on the kit parent. This is controlled by Client Settings > Post images on eBay for Kit Parent Product.
If you are using Paypal to accept payments, you must set that on the eBay Listing Defaults page before listing any product.
- Company > Start eBay Settings Wizard > Listing Defaults.
Using eBay item conditions
eBay uses condition IDs to identify the conditions of products across categories and subcategories. Note that the display names of supported conditions will vary in different categories. You can view eBay’s item conditions here. The following are commonly used condition IDs:
- 1000— New
- 1500— New other
- 2000— Manufacturer-refurbished
- 2500— Seller-refurbished
- 3000— Used
- 7000— For parts or not working
The column header for bulk-update is EBayItemCondition.
A list of all eBay listing errors can be found here.
|[Error] Variations Specifics and Item Specifics entered for a Multi-SKU item should be different.||The matrix dimension name is the same as one of the item specifics. To resolve this, change the matrix dimension name.|
|[Error] Portions of this listing cannot be revised if the item has bid or active Best Offers or is ending in 12 hours.||Error when revising the listing. The item has BestOffer option enabled in eBay but in Sellercloud “Best Offer Enabled” is not checked. To fix this enable the BestOffer or end the listing and relist it again.|
|[Error] The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.||This can mean either one of the following:
1) There is an issue with the description/title that eBay does not like
2) You reached your selling limit at eBay
3) Something is wrong with the eBay account.
Understanding eBay listing defaults
- Click eBay Settings > eBay Listing Defaults.
eBay requires certain payment options and the return policy to be included on individual listings. On this page, you can set the default accepted payment methods, return policies, and other listing policy defaults. When a product is posted to eBay from Sellercloud, the information on this page will be applied to the listing. The defaults can be overridden on eBay Properties for a specific product.
The PayPal email address and return policy are required fields for listing on eBay. Please note the email address entered here must match the email address entered on the PayPal setting page. If a different email is entered and products are posted, payment will not be applied to the orders for those products. Listing defaults include:
- PayPal Email Address
- Payment Defaults
- Credit Card via PayPal
- Immediate Payment Required
- Money Order/Cashier’s Check
- Personal Check
- Other / See Item Description
- Merchant Credit Card: Visa/Master
- Merchant Credit Card: Discover
- Merchant Credit Card: American Express
- Return Policy
- Returns Accepted
- Return within
- Refund Type
- Return shipping Cost Paid by
- Return policy details: Test field
- Re-Stocking Fee
In order to update eBay listings, you must revise the product’s attributes. Below is a list of these revisable attributes and where you can initiate the update.
|ATTRIBUTE||ACTION MENU||MANAGE INVENTORY PAGE— EBAY MODE|
|Revise all product attribute fields||Revise all Listings||Revise on eBay|
eBay Mode— Revise Qty on eBay
Default Mode— Update Inventory on Channel
eBay Mode— Revise Price on eBay
Default Mode— Update Price On Channel
|All eBay Titles||Revise Title||Revise Title on eBay|
|Description Template||Revise Description||Revise Description on eBay|
|Shipping Template||Revise Shipping||Revise Shipping on eBay|
|Max Dispatch Time||Revise Shipping||Revise Shipping on eBay|
|Item Specifics||Revise Item Specifics||Revise Item Specifics on eBay|
|eBay Price Promotions||Revise Promotions|
|Images||Revise Images||Revise Images eBay|
From the Manage Inventory Page, listings can be updated/revised in bulk to eBay by following these steps:
- Use the Advanced Search to find your desired product > Mode: Ebay. Next, hit search to refresh the Action Menu options.
- Then, select all items to revise.
- From the Action Menu, options to revise the entire listing (Revise on Ebay) and revising specific listing parts (Quantity, Title, Price, Description, etc) to eBay will be available.
- Finally, choose an option and a queued job will process this request.
Scheduling eBay listings
With the Listing Manager, you can easily create an auction campaign where a product(s) is listed multiple times using a campaign template.
With any scheduled auction, the goal is to target a specific audience. For example, if you sell insomnia supplements, you can schedule that campaign to end after midnight when insomnia sufferers are most likely to seek help online.
- There are two ways to schedule products in groups. Details are available in these two topics:
- Individually, every product can be listed from the eBay Listing Manager multiple times.
Downloading a variation listing from eBay
When downloading a variation listing from eBay into Sellercloud, you must assign a custom label for each variation. Follow the directions below to create a variation listing on eBay:
- On the Create Listing page, expand the List multiple variations of your item. You must be in the Advanced Listing Tool mode.
- Click Create variations.
- Add variation details > Continue.
- Add item specifics > Continue.
- Click Add SKU for your item.
- Enter a Parent custom label > ADD. eBay will generate a custom label for each variation, but you can edit those suggested labels manually.
- Continue with photos, etc.
When importing your eBay listings, the variation will be configured as an n-Matrix.