This article explains the process for managing order payment status for Magento orders as Charged or Authorized.
- Authorize – The funds are held by the cardholder’s bank in reserve to be collected at a future date. They are held until the merchant initiates a capture request.
- Authorize and Capture – The funds are transferred to the merchant right away.
Download Magento Orders as Charged
- In your Magento Portal, go to System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- Open the Authorize.net tab. Set the Payment Action drop-down to Authorize and Capture. For PayPal, set the Payment Action to Sale.
- Set the New Order Status drop-down to Processing regardless of your payment processor.
Download Magento Orders as Authorized
- Configure the payment methods in Magento to Authorize. See above.
- Then use the following options to capture payment upon shipping:
- Auto Capture Payment – In Sellercloud, go to Settings > Client Settings > Channels > Enable Charge Magento Order Payment When Shipped.
- Manually Capture Payment – Go to Orders > Manage Orders > Open an order > Actions menu > Capture Magento Authorized Payment.
- If you allow shipping unpaid orders in Shipbridge, go to Menu > Options > Scan and Ship > Enable Allow processing of payments in Scan&Ship.
In the Scan and Ship window, under the Payments tab, press the Capture Payment button to manually capture the payment.