This article explains the process for managing order payment status for Magento orders as Charged or Authorized.
When processing credit card payments on Magento through Authorize.net, you can choose between the following two configuration options:
- Authorize – The funds are held by the cardholder’s bank in reserve to be collected at a future date. They are held until the merchant initiates a capture request.
- Authorize and Capture – The funds are transferred to the merchant right away.
When using PayPal as the processor, the corresponding options are Authorization and Sale.
Download Magento Orders as Charged
To ensure that Magento orders with a credit card payment download into SellerCloud with a Charged status, configure your Magento installation in the following manner:
- In your Magento Portal, go to System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- Open the Authorize.net tab. Set the Payment Action drop-down to Authorize and Capture. For PayPal, set the Payment Action to Sale.
- Set the New Order Status drop-down to Processing regardless of your payment processor.
Download Magento Orders as Authorized
To download Magento orders as Authorized:
- Configure the payment methods in Magento to Authorize. See above.
- Then use the following options to capture payment upon shipping:
- Auto Capture Payment – In Sellercloud, go to Settings > Client Settings > Channels > Enable Charge Magento Order Payment When Shipped.
- Manually Capture Payment – Go to Orders > Manage Orders > Open an order > Actions menu > Capture Magento Authorized Payment.
- If you allow shipping unpaid orders in Shipbridge, go to Menu > Options > Scan and Ship > Enable Allow processing of payments in Scan&Ship.
In the Scan and Ship window, under the Payments tab, press the Capture Payment button to manually capture the payment.