- “If you’re selling chef’s knives and you have a set of knives in four sizes and styles, you can make a grouped product to display all four sizes. Customers can select the size(s) they want and add to cart from this page.”
- “Another example would be a themed bedroom set – you can create a grouped product and sell the sheets, comforter, and pillow cases all from the same page.”
Post Grouped Products on Magento
In Sellercloud, to get a group of products ready for posting on Magento as a Grouped Product available for purchasing, you should enable the relevant options for the related Company; post each individual product to be displayed on Magento, create a Kit, and post that Kit Parent on Magento. Step into each subsection for details.
Adjust Magento Settings
Prior to posting a Grouped Product on Magento, make sure the following required options are enabled per the associated Company:
- Enable plugin for Inventory Management
- Post Kit as Product Group
To adjust the appropriate Magento settings, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Companies.
- Open the requested Company.
- Click Toolbox, navigate to Magento, and select General Settings.
- In the upper right, click Edit.
- On the Credentials panel, select the Enable Plugin For Inventory Management option.
- On the Controls panel, select the Post Kit As Product Group option.
- In the upper right, click Save to apply the changes.
Post Kit Components on Magento
To post a Sellercloud Kit as a Magento Grouped Product, each Kit Component should be individually posted on Magento. To learn more about how to post a usual product on Magento, refer to Update Product Listings on Magento.
Post a Kit Parent on Magento
Follow the steps below to post a Kit Parent as a Grouped Product.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog.
- Open the requested Kit product. You can use the Product Type filter option, or search by the Kit keyword.
- In the upper right, click Actions, and select Post Product on Magento.
- The Kit Parent will be posted as a Grouped Product on Magento.
- On the Magento admin portal, the components of the Kit will display on the Kit Parent under the Associated Products tab.