Grouped products is a Magento product configuration where similar or related products are displayed on one page. Magento tutorials gives the following two examples:
- “If you’re selling chef’s knives and you have a set of knives in four sizes and styles, you can make a grouped product to display all four sizes. Customers can select the size(s) they want and add to cart from this page.”
- “Another example would be a themed bedroom set – you can create a grouped product and sell the sheets, comforter, and pillow cases all from the same page.”
- On the Magento General Settings page make sure the following two settings are enabled
- Enable plugin for Inventory Management
- Post Kit as Product Group
- Post the kit components to Magento (if they are not already posted). The components will post as Simple Products.
- Post the kit parent to Magento. The parent will post as a Grouped Product.
- On the Magento admin portal, the components of the kit will display on the kit parent under the Associated Products tab.