Inventory and pricing changes are automatically updated on a regular basis. Only products that have inventory and pricing values different from the values on the Shopify active listing are included in the automatic feed.
Automatic controls can be enabled/disabled on the Website General settings page (Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General).
To manually update inventory and price:
- Individual product – Website Properties page > Action Menu > Update Inventory to Shopify or Update Price to Shopify > Go.
- Multiple products – Manage Inventory page > Update Inventory on Channel or Update Prices on Channel > Go. On the following page, select Website and click Continue.
Please note the following:
- Product must be “Website Enabled” on its Website properties page for available inventory to upload. Otherwise, an inventory of zero will upload for that product.
- If the product was added directly through Shopify, ensure “Track Inventory” is selected in the Inventory Policy dropdown on the product in Shopify. (This will be done automatically when posting the product through SellerCloud.)
- With Matrix products, the parent and all variation children must be “Website Enabled.” Bulk-update with the column header WebEnabled. Expected values are True or False.
- If product has a List Price, SellerCloud will send that together with the Site Price/Sale Price to show a comparison on Shopify.
- If you do not want to send all your inventory to Shopify, you can set Max Qty for each product or set a default value on the Website General settings page (Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.)
WebsiteProductIDVariantID is a required field to sync a product with Shopify. Updating inventory/price can only be done if the product has a Website Variant ID in SellerCloud. Variant ID is stored and viewable in the Exported Website Product Variant ID field on the Website properties page. You can retrieve Variant ID in two ways:
- Post a new product to Shopify. The Website Product ID Variant ID will be retrieved automatically and display on the page.
- On the Shopify Setting page, open the Action Menu and click Download Listings. This will export a file of all current listings with their variant IDs. Use the bulk-update tool to update products with the column headers ProductID and WebsiteProductIDVariantID. Be sure to use the value in the WebsiteProductIDVariantID column in the downloaded file, not the value in the Variant_product_id column.
You can also update the WebsiteProductID field using the value in the WebsiteProductID column in the downloaded file. This attribute is the listing ID and will enable the link to view the listing from SellerCloud.