Check out how easy it is to use the wizard to create small parcel, non-partnered FBA inbound shipments in SellerCloud’s Delta interface!
Although Amazon gives you the option to ship to FBA using their partnered carrier program (PCP), you can ship using a non-partnered account, such as UPS or another carrier. Perhaps you would prefer carriers whose rates are more cost-effective than Amazon’s, or if you’re shipping hazmat products that are ineligible for that program.
To create an inbound FBA shipment using a non-partnered carrier:
- Create the shipment and follow all steps outlined here until you get to the “Shipping Labels and Box Content section.”
- Select Manage Shipping Boxes from the Action Menu > Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Add box weight and dimensions to all boxes. This is required to make the API call even though you are not shipping through Amazon and do not need a shipping estimate.
- If you are sending each SKU in a separate box; meaning, all units of product x in one box, check the One SKU Per box only box. A box will be automatically generated for each item in the shipment. You will not be able to add more boxes.
- Note: Do not confuse this option with the similar One SKU Per Box option on Seller Central, which is a box tag to tell Amazon that there is only one item (single or multiple) in the box.
- The next step satisfies Amazon’s requirement to provide accurate box contents information on the packing slip. (Ensure that the Client Setting FBA Inbound Shipment Use Unique Label Request is not enabled.)
- Select Manage Box Contents from the action menu > Go.
- Select a package.
- Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Add contents to all the boxes in the shipment. You can also import a file to upload contents.
- Save and repeat for all boxes in the shipment.
- Select next shipment and repeat.
- Based on the box content selected at the beginning of the shipment, press the action to:
- Save and Upload to Amazon – Sends an API call to Amazon with box contents. For example, this tells Amazon that Box 1 contains item ABC x 20. The shipping label identifies the box with its box number.
- Save and Download Feed – Downloads a file for uploading on Seller Central.
- Save and Download 2D BarCode – The barcode sticker should be placed on the package. Read more about 2D barcodes.
- Wait several minutes for Amazon to process the information, then return to SellerCloud’s Manage Shipping Boxes page.
- Select package from the dropdown.
- Select Shipping type – Small Package.
- Check the box Use Non-Partnered Carrier. The page will refresh and a dropdown appears to choose a carrier. Options are USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL Express, and Other.
- Generate a shipping label. This is done through any external shipping software or UPS.com directly, for example.
- Copy and paste tracking numbers into the fields for tracking > press Update to save the information.
- Open the Action menu and select Submit Tracking to Amazon > Go.
- Open the Action menu and select Print Box Labels > Go. This will print a box label to identify the box (with box contents) to Amazon.
- Open the Action menu and select Complete Shipment > Go. This will open a page to mark the shipment as shipped and move the inventory to the interim warehouse.