Scan and Ship requires you to scan the order items before printing shipping labels. However, items such as batteries can be interchangeable. You can easily configure replacement SKUs for such items and allow Scan and Ship to recognize the replacement SKU.
Configure Replacement SKUs in Sellercloud
To configure replacement SKUs in Sellercloud:
- Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory.
- Enter the SKU using the Default filters > Search.
- Open a product.
- Click Toolbox > Replacement Products.
- Click Edit > Add.
- Search for the related SKU > Click Add & Close.
To see the replacements products of any SKU or multiple SKUs:
- Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory > Select products.
- From the Action menu, select Export Products (Inventory).
- In the pop-up window select Export Replacement SKUs > Export. The system will generate an export file that lists the SKUs and their replacements.
Configure Settings in Shipbridge
To configure Shipbridge settings:
- Open Shipbridge > Menu > Options > Scan and Ship.
- Enable the option Allow scanning replacement SKU/UPC > Save.
- When shipping the order through Scan and Ship, scan in the replacement SKU.
- After shipping the order, the reserve on the ordered items will be lifted and the inventory on the replacement item will be adjusted accordingly.
Configure Replacement Products for Kits
Kits can have replacements that have different quantity configurations. For example, a kit comprised of 12 packs of 50 = 600. It can be replaced by a kit of 30 packs of 20 = 600. Although the order will have a quantity of 12, you will still be able to add 30 packs of 20 as replacements. This works by enabling Look for Replacement Kit Items in Shipbridge.