Products can be set to be fulfilled, or shipped, by the merchant or set to be stored and fulfilled by Amazon. Read here about shipping your products to an Amazon Fulfillment Center. Set the default fulfillment method on the Amazon Product Defaults page (Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Amazon Settings > Product Defaults).
Changing the default method on products
- Open the Amazon Properties page.
- Open the action menu and click Change Fulfilled By.
- Select to Change and Update Amazon or to Change and not Update Amazon.
- Select products on the Manage Inventory page.
- You can add the desired products to the grid by pressing SKU next to the ProductID search field. Click on the Show/Hide textbox to paste SKU list link. Copy and paste the SKUs into the text box. Maximum 50 per search. Press Search SKUS. Then press Select. Press Search.
- On the action menu, select Switch to AFN to be Fulfilled by Amazon, or Switch to MFN to be Fulfilled by Merchant. An update request will be sent to Amazon automatically to change the products status.
Update with an import file
Use column header FulfilledBy. Enter value Amazon or Merchant. Upload file through Bulk
Update page. Please note that this will only update the status in Sellercloud. It will not update Amazon with the changed status.
Understanding Fulfilled by Inconsistent
This feature shows you items where the fulfilled status in Sellercloud does not match Amazon. This can lead to overselling and other inventory issues. In Sellercloud, items with a Fulfilled y Inconsistent status can be viewed from the Company details page.
- Companies > Company > Fulfilled by Inconsistent. The grid shows all inventory with the status Fulfilled by Inconsistent.
- Click Select Action > Export to Excel to create a spreadsheet of the information in the grid.
Check out this short tour on choosing FBA or FBM for your fulfillment method!
Check out this short tour on preparing and enabling products for FBA!
Understanding FBA and FBM
You can set products to use either of these fulfillment methods:
- FBM— Fulfilled or shipped by merchant
- FBA— Stored and fulfilled by Amazon
You should always change a product’s fulfillment method in Sellercloud. Why? This information can be pushed to Amazon, which keeps the status in-sync at both locations to prevent overselling.
To see all items in Sellercloud with discrepancies in their Fulfilled By status, see the Fulfilled By Inconsistent report under Settings > Company > Toolbox.
Setting fulfillment method for all products
To set the default fulfillment method for all products in a company:
- Click Settings > Company Settings > Toolbox > Amazon Settings > Product Defaults.
- Choose the method in the Fulfilled By field > Save.
Changing fulfillment for individual products
To set the fulfillment method per product:
- Click Catalog > Open a product > Toolbox > Amazon Properties.
- Select Actions > Change Fulfilled By.
- Click the desired radio button, Amazon or Merchant.
- If product is already posted to Amazon, click Save. (The Update on Amazon box is selected by default.)
- If product has not been posted to Amazon, uncheck the Update on Amazon box > Save.
Changing fulfillment for multiple products
Changing the fulfillment method for multiple products will automatically change the product in Sellercloud and send an update request to Amazon to change the product’s status.
- Select the products on the Manage Inventory page.
- Click Action Menu > choose:
- Switch to AFN— Change products to Fulfilled by Amazon; OR
- Switch to MFN— Change products to Fulfilled by Merchant
Changing fulfillment in bulk by file import
Bulk-updating the fulfillment method for multiple products will update their status in Sellercloud only; this does not update their status in Amazon.
- Click Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Bulk Product Update > Generate Template.
- Choose existing template— Click to use an existing template
- Create new template— Continue with the steps below
- To add columns to a new template, click in the Search field and choose from the list. You must select the FulfilledBy column for your template. When done, click Next.
- To save the template for reuse, click the Save Template box. If not, go to Step #5.
- Enter a name for the template.
- Click Download, then open the template, populate it, and save the file.
- On the Bulk Product Update screen, choose the file > Upload. A bulk update job will be scheduled.
- When the job is complete, your products’ Fulfilled By status will show as updated.
Understanding Fulfilled by Inconsistent
This feature shows you items where the fulfilled status in Sellercloud does not match Amazon. This can lead to overselling and other inventory issues. In Sellercloud, items with a Fulfilled by Inconsistent status can be viewed from the Company details page.
- Click Company Settings > Company > Toolbox.
- Search for or find Amazon > FBA/FBM Discrepancies. The grid shows all items with a Fulfilled by Inconsistent status.
- Select the vertical ellipses to Export to Excel.
Viewing product fulfillment discrepancies
You can run a report showing all items with discrepancies between their fulfillment method in Sellercloud and fulfillment method in Amazon. Because inconsistencies can lead to overselling or other issues, you can use this report to fix them.
- Open the company settings > Toolbox > FBM/FBA Discrepancies. The list shows all items with inconsistencies in fulfillment method.