Sellercloud and Target communicate via EDI documents passed through a VAN (BoldVan account). This allows you to easily manage and update your listings inventory from Sellercloud.
Update Target Listings
If the Product ID in Sellercloud does not match the product identifier in Target you may need to use the Target Merchant SKU field in order to map your Target products to the products in Sellercloud. The product must also be enabled on its Target properties page, so the updates can go through. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open a product.
- From the Toolbox, select Channels > Target.
- Press Edit and, in the General panel, check the Enabled box.
You can update Target listings manually or automatically.
The manual Target inventory update can be done individually or in bulk.
- Individually: Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open a product > Toolbox > Channels > Target > Actions menu > Upload Inventory Update.
- In bulk: Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select your products > Actions menu > Update Inventory on Channel. In the newly open window, select Target > Update.
The automation is controlled by Target’s General Setting Enable Inventory Upload. When enabled, Sellercloud periodically sends automatic inventory updates.
Note that pricing changes must be negotiated with a Target representative. Currently, no option exists to update pricing in inventory feeds. The Initial Retail (Retail Price) field on the product’s Target Properties page is only for reference.
To automatically send inventory updates to Target:
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Select a company.
- From the Toolbox, open Channels > Target > General Settings.
- Press Edit, check the Enable Inventory Upload box, and Save.