Sellercloud automatically applies taxes for all US orders. However, tax rates for non-US Local and Wholesale orders can be configured separately.
Tax can be automatically applied to Local non-US orders based on specific rates. Under Settings > Company Name > Toolbox > Taxes – create tax percentage per state or zip code by clicking Add New Tax. To do that:
- Navigate to the company’s Toolbox > Taxes.
- Add the Country, State, and Tax Rate.
- Add ZipCode if applicable.
- Local Store Orders and Wholesale Orders that match the related Country and State will have their taxes set to the specified rate.
- Tax rates are rounded to the third decimal place. For example, 0.0775 would round to 0.078.
- The tax on the order can be cleared by clicking Edit Order and then Clear Tax.
- By default, all products will be taxed. However, by checking the Tax Exempt checkbox, you can set products to be tax-exempt on the product home page. This field can be bulk updated using the column header TaxExempt.
- POSBridge orders will be taxed based on the rate set in POSBridge.
Use the following client settings to control which order type the tax rate is applied to:
- Stop Calculating Taxes for LocalStore orders.
- Stop Calculating Taxes for WholeSale orders.
- Stop Calculating Taxes for Website orders.
Be aware that enabling this setting can often lead to a double tax charge on the order because tax is typically configured on the website.
These settings will affect all Local Store, Wholesale, and Website orders when enabled. See the TaxJar article for information on how to automatically update tax on orders and submit tax filings.