In this article, you will find information on how to get all the necessary credentials and configure UPS Web Services and ConnectShip.
Configuring UPS Web Services
- Go to Options > Carriers > UPS.
- Select Use UPS Web Services.
- Complete the fields:
- License Number – UPS calls this the Access Key.
- Shipper Number – UPS calls this the Account Number.
- Username – Your UPS username.
- Password – Your UPS password.
Obtaining a UPS access key
- Open UPS (US) Login page (US) and log in. If you are shipping with a UPS Canada account, open the UPS (CA) Login page instead.
- Go to Services > Integrating UPS Technology > UPS Developer Kit APIs.
- Follow the UPS guide to obtain an access key.
Obtaining approval to ship via UPS SurePost
- Obtain UPS credentials as outlined above.
- Uncheck Use Production Server.
- Click the Generate production access request files button.
- Save the files and email them to the address provided by UPS on the production page.
- When they receive those files, you will receive approval for SurePost shipping.
- Check the Use Production Server box.
Shipping with ConnectShip
ConnectShip, Inc. is a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of UPS that operates jointly as ConnectShip | iShip to provide both on and off-premise multi-carrier shipping solutions for enterprise and mid-sized companies.
Integrating Connectship with ShipBridge
ShipBridge can interact fully with your ConnectShip account.
- In ShipBridge, click Menu > Options > Carriers > UPS tab.
- Check the Enable ConnectShip box. You will be prompted to restart ShipBridge.
- Upon restart, there will be a new carrier tab, ConnectShip. Press that tab.
- Enter the server IP address and credentials. Usually, it’s an in-house server so it would be local IP.
- Enter your UPS account number in the Shipper # field.
- Select a label reference field. This is an arbitrary field that can display Sellercloud order info on the label, like the channel order number (OrderSourceOrderID).
- Label Item Number. This is the standardized number that references a particular label size. When entered, ConnectShip will print the label accordingly. For example, 01774006 would print a label as in the attached image.
- If your printer is printing from your local PC, configure the label printer with the Label Printer Configuration button.
- If your printer is printing from the actual ConnectShip server, check the Print to network server (server-side) option, and enter the printer path.
- Multi-label tag. When requesting a customs form, it will be printed on a separate label.
- UPS Mail Innovations Cost Center code: Can be used as a reference field.
Understanding UPS Accessories
- Right-click on an order in ShipBridge grid.
- Select Edit Order.
- Press the Order Details tab.
- Select UPS as Shipping Service.
- Press the UPS accessories button.
- Configure preferred services and save.