Understanding Amazon services
Amazon offers a number of services that are available to you. This article will guide you through Amazon’s Buy Shipping service and Same-Day Delivery (TForce) service as it relates to ShipBridge. ShipBridge lets you easily integrate with Amazon services.
Understanding Amazon Buy Shipping service
The Amazon Buy Shipping service lets you purchase carrier labels through Amazon. If you ship an order using a label purchased from Amazon Buy Shipping on Seller Central, and the buyer claims they did not receive their order and proceeds to file a claim on an A-to-z claim, then Amazon will cover that claim. You will not receive notification about the claim either because Amazon will take care of it. Furthermore, your Order Defect Rate will not be affected.
Understanding Amazon Same-Day Delivery (TForce) service
Enabling Amazon services in ShipBridge
- Enable Amazon services in Seller Central.
- Enable the client setting Enable Generate Shipping Labels via Amazon in Sellercloud.
After you have finished these two steps, you can begin the following steps in ShipBridge:
- In ShipBridge: Click Menu > Options > Carriers > Amazon.
- Select Use Amazon.
- Enter your MWS credentials. You can take these credentials from your Amazon Settings page. Secret Key = Marketplace Associate Key.
- Select the default Delivery Experience from the dropdown menu.
- Select a printer and check if that printer is thermal.
- If you have multiple companies with different Amazon accounts, use the Per-company Configuration.
- Click Save.
Using Amazon’s Buy Shipping service in ShipBridge
- Select your order in ShipBridge.
- Right-click > Calculate Rates. (This is the equivalent of Get Eligible Services when shipping through Seller Central or Sellercloud.)
- Search for the service you want > Select a service.
- If applicable, you can modify the delivery experience by editing the order details. Right-click an order > Edit Order > Order Details.
- Ship the order. This will buy the label from Amazon and return a valid shipping label.
- You can also cancel a label. However, this will not mark the order as canceled/refunded/unshipped on Amazon. It will only void the shipping label. You must generate a new shipping label. Canceling a label will set the order as unshipped only in Sellercloud.
The order will still have a shipped status in Seller Central because there are downstream dependencies that Amazon does not want to break by changing the status to unshipped.
Removing duplicate Amazon services in ShipBridge
You can remove duplicate Amazon services in ShipBridge. This is helpful if you only want Amazon rates to appear without any personal USPS, UPS, and FedEx account settings. Please note that enabling this setting in ShipBridge will only affect regular Amazon orders because this setting is already enabled for Amazon Prime orders.
Using Amazon’s Buy Shipping service in Sellercloud
- Go to your order.
- Go to Actions > Select Buy/Cancel Shipping From Amazon.
- On the next page, complete the request form. Package Dimensions, Package Weight, and Ship From address (defaults to a company address) are required.
- Click Get Eligible Services.
- On the next page, select a shipping method. The Amazon rate charges display in the right column. Note: If you configured Stamps.com in Seller Central, those services will be available for purchase.
- Click Buy Shipping. The order will be updated with a Shipped status and with tracking in Sellercloud and Seller Central.
- On the next page, download the shipping label.
- You also have the option to cancel a label. However, this will not mark the order as canceled/refunded/unshipped on Amazon. It will only void the shipping label, so you must generate a new shipping label. Canceling a label will set the order as unshipped only in Sellercloud.