The Bulk Update feature allows you to update product information using a file upload so that you can update multiple products simultaneously.
Check out this short tutorial on creating new products or updating existing ones using the Bulk Update tool in Sellercloud’s new interface:
Update Products in Bulk
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Bulk Product Update.
- Click on Generate Template to create a new template or use a saved one. To create a new one, select Create New Template > Choose Format > Add Columns to Template.
- Templates can be saved for future use. At this stage, you can also Choose Existing Template. On the next page, you will be able to add or remove columns. Check Save Template to overwrite it.
- If you are creating a new product, check the Create Products That Don’t Exist box.
If you create a new template, the file will have the ProductID (SKU) as the first column by default. Users can update existing products with their UPC as the first column, but must also include the ProductName, which is used to clarify the products you are updating.
- Add columns to update. Show me the definitions of these column headers. At minimum, you must create ProductID and ProductName columns.
- Click Download Template. Below is a sample template downloaded as an Excel file:
- After entering the necessary information, save the template, and Upload it in Sellercloud.
- A queued job will be generated. You can schedule a bulk update for off-hours, which is convenient and efficient for large jobs. Click the Schedule For Later checkbox to see a date and time scheduler.
Bulk Update Log
The Bulk Update Product Log option records changes to product attributes that are updated with a file import. It allows you to view the status of your job and of each individual product in that job. It also displays errors. For example, if a column header was entered incorrectly, an error message will display Column does not exist.
Access the Bulk Update Log
The bulk update log can be accessed by following the steps below:
- After executing a bulk update, a queued job notification will appear. Click on it.
- Alternatively, you can go to Queued Jobs > Search for scheduled jobs. Press a Job ID to view details > Toolbox > Bulk Update Log.
The Bulk Update feature allows you to update product information using a file upload, so that you can update multiple new or existing products simultaneously.
Check out this short tutorial on creating new or updating existing products using the Bulk Update feature in Sellercloud’s Alpha interface: