Updating products in bulk
This feature lets you upload multiple new products or update multiple existing products simultaneously. Inventory levels cannot be set or updated through Bulk Update; to update inventory, use the Warehouse Inventory Import feature.
Tip: To build your own template with only the fields that you want to update, use the Custom Export option.
- Go to Inventory > Bulk Update Products. The Bulk Product Update window lets you
can create and upload a bulk-update template file to create or update products and
- The file must have the ProductID (SKU) or UPC as the first column; make your selection by checking the appropriate boxes. Existing products can be updated with their UPC, but new products can only be created with a SKU as the first column.
- If you are creating a new product, check Create product if none exists. The minimum required columns to create a new product are ProductID and ProductName.
- Click Get Template File to open the Bulk Update Template window.
- Choose a file format from the dropdown: Tab Delimited, CSV, or Excel.
- From the Select fields you want to update dropdown: Choose each column header to update > Add To List. Show me the definitions of these column headers. Repeat until you have all desired properties. Note that when adding new products, any vendors and manufacturers that are not in Sellercloud can also be created by choosing those actions from the dropdown.
- Click Download Template. Below is a sample template downloaded as an Excel file:
- After entering the products and information, save the template, and then select it using the Choose File button on the Bulk Product Update window.
- Select a format type and click Submit. After the upload is complete, a log is generated to show which changes were applied successfully.
Understanding product name
Most of Sellercloud’s export options include the ProductID and ProductName columns. ProductID is mandatory when bulk-updating products, while ProductName is added to clarify which products you are updating. The Client Setting Ignore Product Name column in Bulk update for Existing Products controls whether the ProductName updates when there are any changes in the imported file for this column.
Scheduling a bulk update
You can schedule a bulk-update for off-hours, which is convenient and most efficient for big
jobs. Click the Schedule Bulk Update checkbox to see a date and time scheduler.
Viewing the bulk update product log
The Bulk Update Product Log records changes to product attributes that have been updated with a file import. properties that are updated o the interface are not logged here, but they are recorder in the products history page along with changes made through a file import.
Please note that inventory updates with a file import are recorded in the
Warehouse Inventory Update Log located under the Settings tab.
- The log displays the products in the file and their original values and new values. For example Product X price change from $10 (original) to $12 (new).
- Its also displays errors. For example, if a column header was entered incorrectly, an error message will display Column does not exist.
- The imported file can be downloaded for review and correction if necessary.
- The products updated in the file can be viewed on the manage inventory page for posting to channels.
<>Accessing the log
- On the queued job of the file import. Press on the link View Bulk Update Log.
- On Inventory tab menu, press Bulk Update Product Log. The grid will display all product bulk updates, searchable by product ID, log ID and date. Press an ID to open.
- On the Bulk update product page, press View Bulk Update Log. The grid will display all product bulk updates, searchable by product ID, log ID and date. Press an ID to open.
The original file can be downloaded in 2 ways:
- On the bulk update log page. Action Menu > Download original file.
- On queued job page, click the Input File link.
The updated products can be loaded on the the Manage Inventory page from the Bulk Update Log page. Open the action menu and select View in Manage Inventory.
Press Go. This is very useful for client to ready products for listing through a file import and then Launch them to the channels, which can be done in bulk through the Manage Inventory page.
Deleting titles in bulk
To delete product titles in bulk, DO NOT import a file with blank titles. This will only cause the titles to be hidden, but not actually deleted.
The correct way to delete titles is by completing the Import Product Titles template. Go to the Inventory tab > Import Product Info > Import Product Titles and download the template:
- ProductID column corresponds to the SKU for which you want to delete
- Title column should contain the text you are deleting
- The _ACTION_ column should say Delete
- All other columns should be blank
Creating or editing bulk products
This Sellercloud feature lets you upload multiple new products or update multiple existing products simultaneously. Bulk Product Update also lets you delete multiple products at once. By using a custom template, you choose the information to include for each column and can even save the template for later use.
- Use Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info.
- Click Bulk Product Update.
- Click Generate Template to create a new template or use a saved one. Select Create New Template > choose Format > Add Columns to Template > Download. Below is an excel example.
- The file must have the ProductID (SKU) or UPC as the first column. This column is populated by default in the template
- ProductName is added to clarify which products you are updating
- Existing products can be updated with their UPC, but new products can only be created with a ProductID (SKU) as the first column
- If you are creating a new product, check Create Products That Don’t Exist
- The minimum required columns to create a new product are ProductID and ProductName
- After saving your template, return to Bulk Product Update. Select File > Upload.
Deleting titles in bulk product update
In Sellercloud, there are main product names and product titles. Titles refer to the names of products specific to different channels. Deleting these titles allows you to use the main product name in Sellercloud instead of the different titles for certain channels.
- Use Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info.
- Generate Template. Your template should include the ProductID (SKU), Title, and _Action_. Type Delete into the _Action_ column.
- Select File > Upload.
Accessing the bulk update log
The Bulk Update Product Log records changes to product attributes that have been updated with a file import. Here, you can view the status of your job and of each individual product in that job.
The bulk update log can be accessed by:
- Doing a bulk update.
- Clicking on the queued job notification.
- Accessing Queued Jobs to find your bulk update job. The grid will display all jobs searchable by Job ID, date, etc. Press a Job ID to open.
The main page of your queued job will provide general information, parameters, and a log. The log shows the progress of your job with the time and a message indicating its status at that given time. To access the Bulk Update Log use:
- Toolbox > Bulk Update Log
- View the products in your bulk update in the Products window. This features the SKU associated with the product, whether the update was successful for that product, warnings, and errors.