Understanding eBay Managed Payments
All eBay sellers will eventually be required by eBay to use Managed Payments.
- If you haven’t received an eBay notification: You don’t need to take any action at this time.
- If you have received an eBay notification: eBay has already given you a deadline to register by. Your business may experience disruptions if you fail to register before the deadline.
Sellercloud automatically verifies if you are using Managed Payments. If your Sellercloud account and eBay account are already linked via OAuth Token, you do not need to do anything.
When using Managed Payments, a $0.30 fee is charged per order plus a certain percentage for processing the payments. The final fees vary based on category selling fee and whether or not you operate an eBay Store. The final fees will look something like:
- For Store sellers: Most categories have a final fee value of 12.35%, plus the fixed $0.30 per order.
- For non-Store sellers: Most categories have a final fee value of 11.5%, plus the fixed $0.30 per order.
Registering for Managed Payments
To register for Managed Payments with eBay, follow these steps:
- Verify your information on eBay.
- Provide a checking account for eBay. You can use an existing eBay account or open a new one.
- Keep selling on eBay.
- After you register with eBay, nothing will change until eBay activates your account. eBay will notify you of your activation date in advance.