For better security and control over your employee’s actions, you can enable IP filtering on their accounts. This allows you to restrict access for certain employees to specific IP locations.
Go to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > Advanced > Enable IP Address Filter For Employee and press Save. Enabling the option does not trigger any restrictions, it only allows you to set them per user.
Go to the Employees tab, select your desired user and navigate to the Toolbox. You will see a new option visible in the dropdown called “IP Filters“. Click the “+” sign to add allowed addresses and click the toggle button to enable the feature.
Additional Security Settings
If you need to restrict specific employees’ access, you will need to configure security templates. You can find more information on how to do that here.
For better security and control over your employee’s actions, you can enable IP filtering on their accounts.
- Go to Settings > Client Settings and check Enable IP address filter for employees. Press Save. Enabling the option does not trigger any restrictions, it only allows you to set them per user.
- Go to the Employees tab, select a user, and on the newly opened page, press the IP filters option.
- Add the allowed IP address and enable the filtering option on the top of the page – IP-based filters are disabled. Click to enable.
- Only when the IP-based filters are disabled. Click to Enable option is enabled, the restrictions take effect. Note that the option will change to IP-based filters are enabled. Click to disable.
Additional Security Settings
- To restrict specific employees’ access, go to Settings > Companies > Company Name > Toolbox > Security. The grid shows each user’s access to the Sellercloud tabs. Checking a box will give users access to the selected tab. This only allows access for the selected company.
- You can accomplish the same security settings by going to a specific employee (Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security) to apply security settings across multiple companies.
- To restrict an employee from specific functionality, go to Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security > Roles and assign roles to the employee. While this will not prevent the employee from accessing, it will prevent any action performed outside of the assigned roles.
- To restrict certain webpages within the tabs, go to Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security > Webpage Access.
- To manage users’ access to various tabs, certain web pages, and specific functionality across multiple companies, configure the settings on Employees > Manage Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Permissions.
- To hide all costs related to purchasing products from your employees without Admin Access, go to Settings > Client Settings and enable Hide Costs From Employees.