For better security and control over your employee’s actions, you can enable IP filtering on their accounts.
- Go to Settings > Client Settings and check Enable IP address filter for employees. Press Save. Enabling the option does not trigger any restrictions, it only allows you to set them per user.
- Go to the Employees tab, select a user, and on the newly opened page, press the IP filters option.
- Add the allowed IP address and enable the filtering option on the top of the page – IP-based filters are disabled. Click to enable.
- Only when the IP-based filters are disabled. Click to Enable option is enabled, the restrictions take effect. Note that the option will change to IP-based filters are enabled. Click to disable.
This restriction is set per employee and it does not affect users with the Client Admin role.
Additional Security Settings
- To restrict specific employees’ access, go to Settings > Companies > Company Name > Toolbox > Security. The grid shows each user’s access to the Sellercloud tabs. Checking a box will give users access to the selected tab. This only allows access for the selected company.
- You can accomplish the same security settings by going to a specific employee (Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security) to apply security settings across multiple companies.
- To restrict an employee from specific functionality, go to Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security > Roles and assign roles to the employee. While this will not prevent the employee from accessing, it will prevent any action performed outside of the assigned roles.
- To restrict certain webpages within the tabs, go to Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Security > Webpage Access.
- To manage users’ access to various tabs, certain web pages, and specific functionality across multiple companies, configure the settings on Employees > Manage Employees > Employee Name > Toolbox > Permissions.
- To hide all costs related to purchasing products from your employees without Admin Access, go to Settings > Client Settings and enable Hide Costs From Employees.
Employees can only be restricted from parts of the system if they are not a Client Admin in the Roles tab.