In some business models, inventory is purchased through dedicated buyers/purchasers. Sellercloud tracks buyers at the product level, where a purchaser is assigned to each product. In this article, you will learn more about configuring employees as buyers and setting them on a product level.
To configure buyers on an Employee level:
- Go to Settings > Employees > Manage Employees.
- Create a new user from the Add icon at the lower-right corner or open an employee’s profile from the list.
- From the user’s page, click on the Toolbox drop-down, open Permissions, and set them to your liking.
To configure buyers on a Product level:
- To set the buyer on a product, go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select a product.
- On the Product Details page, open Toolbox > Purchasing.
- Press the Edit button, and from the General tab, select a Buyer.
Buyers can also be auto-assigned to a product from a purchase order. As a user adds a product to a purchase order, that user will automatically be saved as the Purchaser on the product’s Purchasing page. To enable this feature, go to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > Purchasing and enable the Auto Set Purchaser When Product Added To Purchase Order option.
The table below describes the options on the Employees tab > User’s page > Preferences.
|Max Records on Manage Inventory||The option allows you to select a value from 50 to 500 000.|
|Max Records on Manage Orders||The option allows you to select a value from 50 to 500 000.|
|Manage Inventory View Mode||Allows you to set the Inventory View Mode to Advanced, eBay, Show Qty for Products, BuyDotCom, Sears, Purchasing, Amazon, DropShip, or Prices.|
|Default Warehouse||Sets the default warehouse.|
|Orders Default Search Date Range||Sets the search date range, e.g., today, previous calendar year, all dates, next 7 days, etc.|
- Open the Employees tab.
- Click Add New Employee (if not already added), or open an employee profile from the list.
- Open Preferences from the side menu and select the employee’s default settings.
- From the Manage Inventory View Mode drop-down menu, select Purchasing. See how the page will now show purchasing-related columns.
- From the Homepage Type drop-down menu, select Classic. This allows the employee-buyer to see Sellercloud’s Reports module. Note that choosing Buyer requires the employee-buyer to have administrative rights. See how the Homepage will now show recent POs by buyer and sales information.
- Press Save.
- On the product level, open Toolbox > Purchasing. From the Purchaser drop-down menu, choose the buyer’s username and save. Only a user with the security role Edit Purchaser can change the buyer of a product.
Buyers can also be auto-assigned to a product from a purchase order. As a user adds a product to a purchase order, that user will automatically be saved as the Purchaser on the product’s Purchasing page. To enable this feature, check Auto set purchaser when product added to Purchase Order in Client Settings.