Simple to use, 2FA ensures that your valuable data is protected with two layers of security and that Sellercloud is in full compliance with all of the marketplaces. Learn more about Google 2-Step Verification.
Here’s how it works in Sellercloud:
- The first time you log into Sellercloud:
- Enter your account password.
- Input the “second factor,” based on your chosen 2FA type. This is a unique 6-digit verification code that you will retrieve from email; or from a text message on your cell phone; or from the Google Authenticator mobile app installed on your smartphone. You can choose any type that works best for you.
- After 30 days (and every 30 days thereafter) – You must reauthenicate to gain access to Sellercloud.
Initial setup of 2FA
- Enter your credentials > click Log in as shown below.
- Click My Account > 2FA Setting.
- In the Primary 2FA Type or Secondary 2FA Type dropdowns, choose the type and follow the corresponding steps in the procedures shown below this table:
- Google Authenticator app
|TYPE||HOW IT WORKS|
|You’ll use email to retrieve a verification code.|
|Google Authenticator app||You’ll use the Google Authenticator mobile app on your smart phone to retrieve a verification code.
This will require installing the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone.
|SMS||You’ll use text messaging on your cell phone to retrieve a verification code.|
Configuring 2FA for email
- Select Email > click Save Settings to proceed.
- Retrieve the code from your email.
- Type the code into the Enter Code field > click Test Verification. The green check confirms a successful verification. In 30 days, and every 30 days thereafter, you will be prompted to enter a new verification code that you retrieve from your email.
Configuring 2FA for the Google Authenticator app
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone.
- Select Google Auth. App from the dropdown, as shown below. This automatically prompts you to verify the use of your smart phone, so click the here link as shown below.
- Open the Google Authenticator app. There will be two ways to add an account:
- OPTION 1: Scanning a QR code
- OPTION 2: Manually adding a new account
- Enter an account name and secret key on the app’s Enter Account Details screen.
- Click the app’s Add button.
- The Secret Key field will be auto-populated on Sellercloud’s General Information page.
- In 30 days, and every 30 days thereafter, you will be prompted to enter a new 6-digit verification code that you can easily retrieve from the Google Authenticator app. No additional setup is required.
Configuring 2FA for SMS (text messaging)
- Select SMS from the dropdown field.
- Click the here link as shown below.
- On the General Information page > enter your phone number > click Send Verification Code.
- Retrieve the code from your cell phone > enter it in the Mobile field > click Verify Mobile Number.
- A green check confirms a successful verification. In 30 days, and every 30 days thereafter, you will be prompted to enter a unique verification code that you retrieve from your cell phone’s text messenger.
Reauthenticating every 30 days
Reauthentication simply entails entering a new verification code, every 30 days, that you will retrieve based on the 2FA type you set up:
- From your email
- From the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone
- From your cell phone’s text messenger