The Rule Engine feature in Sellercloud can help you apply changes to your orders and items within your orders automatically. Similar to post order plugins, the Rule Engine allows you to split an order, change warehouses, and more based on the conditions and actions that are applied in the rule.
Enable Rule Engine
To enable the Rule Engine:
- Go to Settings > Client Settings > Orders
- Turn on Enable Rule Engine.
You can create, test, copy and delete rules under Settings > Orders > Rule Engine > Manage Rules.
To create a new rule:
- Go to Settings > Orders > Rule Engine > Manage Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Enter the Rule Name.
- You can also apply this rule only to particular groups of orders by enabling checkboxes:
- Add Conditions. Add Condition Name and select Condition Type. You can also add a Sublevel Condition controlled by the top-level condition. Read more about conditions in the section below.
- Create Actions. Enter Action Name and select Action Type.
- If the order satisfies the condition(s) the system will automatically perform the action(s) created for the rule.
- You can Enable/Disable conditions and actions.
- Click the Green Flag to create a new rule.
To view the execution log: go to Settings > Orders > Rule Engine > Execution Log.
- Channel – Sets the rule for specified channels.
- Company – Sets the rule for specified companies.
- Customer – Sets the rule for specified customers.
- Gift Order – Includes or excludes gift orders.
- Order Group – Includes or excludes orders from the specified order group.
- Order Item Brand – Sets the rule for specified item brands.
- Order Item Manufacturer – Sets the rule for specified manufacturers.
- Order Item Product Group – Sets the rule for specified product groups.
- Order Item Product ID – Includes or excludes orders that have a specified product in them.
- Order Item Product Type – Sets the rule for specified product types.
- Order Saved View – Check whether an order falls under a specific saved view. This condition makes the rule engine incredibly flexible.
- Order Status – Sets the rule for specified order statuses.
- Order Subtype – Sets the rule for specified order subtypes.
- Order Total – Sets the rule for a specified order total.
- Payment Status – Sets the rule for specified payment statuses.
- Rush Order – Includes or excludes rush orders.
- Shipping Address Country – Sets the rule for domestic or international orders.
- Shipping Address Postal Code – Allows you to specify the postal codes for the orders in the rule.
- Shipping Address State – Sets the rule for US or Canadian states.
- Shipping Service – Sets the rule for orders that are created with specified shipping services.
- Shipping Total – Sets the rule for a orders with a specified shipping total.
- Shipping Weight – Sets the rule for a specific weight of the order.
- Total Units – Checks the total units in an order to see whether the unit count is equal to, greater than, or less than a specified number or in a specified range.
- Change Order Status – Updates the order status.
- Add Customer Service Note – Adds a pre-defined Customer Service note. You can set a note of your choice when selecting this action type.
- Add Order Note – Adds a pre-defined Order note. You can set a note of your choice when selecting this action type.
- Add To Order Group – Adds the orders to a group.
- Create a Dropship PO to a vendor – Automatically creates a Dropship PO. A Vendor must be selected when choosing this action.
- Execute a Post Order Plugin – Can only be used in combination with a client setting. Contact Sellercloud Support to have it enabled. This allows you to utilize any of the hundreds of already-existing post-order plugins, which run all different types of logic on orders after they are created. Any filtering logic within the plugin will apply.
- Require Signature Confirmation – Sets the value to either True or False.
- Split order – Splits the order based on preference and availability. Warehouse/s must be selected.
- Update an Order Custom Column – Updates the value of a specified custom column.
- Update Ship From Warehouse – Updates the Ship From Warehouse. A warehouse must be selected.
- Update Shipping Carrier and Service – Sets a pre-defined carrier and service.