After creating a vendor invoice for reconciliation, you can record payments made against the invoice. Even if you are not paying the invoice in full, you can track your applied payments as you pay off the balance. The payments can be recorded even before receiving the PO, as it's common for retailers to prepay purchase orders.
- Navigate Company Settings Toolbox > Vendors > select Vendor > Payments. (You can also get to this page by using the action Make Payment on a PO.
- Press New Payment.
- Enter the payment info/method and save.
- The invoice will display in the grid with the invoice total and the amount already paid.
- In the row of the invoice you are now paying, enter the payment amount in the "Apply Payment" box. (The system will not allow overpayments.)
- If multiple invoices are being paid with a single payment, enter the payment amount per invoice on their respective rows.
- Press Save Payments.
- Vendor invoices that are fully paid will be removed from the grid.
- The amount paid will display on the Invoice Detail page. click on the paid amount to see the payment record.
- Payment will also display on the main payments page detailing the payments and the invoices to which it was applied.
Understanding vendor invoices
A vendor invoice is a document that lists the amounts owed to the supplier by the buyer. In Sellercloud, you can easily manage and view various vendor invoices from the Invoices toolbox on the vendor’s details page.
In Client Settings, Enable Vendor Invoices Workflow functions in a few different ways:
- If enabled, Invoices, Payments, and Receive Sessions tabs will display
- If enabled, it should show the first found invoice from the vendor’s Invoices toolbox that is related to a PO receiving session
- If disabled and EnableMultipleInvoicesForPurchaseOrders is enabled, then it should show the first invoice in Purchase_Invoice
- If disabled and EnableMultipleInvoicesForPurchaseOrders is disabled, then it should show the PO.VendorInvoiceNumber
Enabling this Client Setting will populate the Invoice Number column on the Manage Purchase Orders page.
Applying payment to vendor invoices
After creating a vendor invoice for reconciliation, you can record payments made against the invoice. Even if you are not paying the invoice in full, you can track your applied payments as you pay off the balance. The payments can be recorded even before receiving the PO, as it’s common for retailers to prepay purchase orders.
- Click Company Settings > Company > Toolbox > Vendors.
- Select Vendor > Toolbox > Invoices.
- Click the desired invoice.
- Go to Actions > Apply Payment.
- Complete the required fields > Save.
- Clicking on the notification will redirect you to the Payment Details page.
- Or, you can view this payment from Vendor > Toolbox > Payments.
- You can also apply a payment from this page. Simply click Edit > Apply Payment for Vendor.
- Complete the required fields > Save > Save.