When you first set up Vendors in Sellercloud, each vendor will be under its own respective company. You can have different vendors for every company where the configuration treats vendors as company-wide.
Alternatively, you can configure one set of vendors to be shared across all of your companies, which would mean configuring your vendors to be client-wide. They will only be managed only from your default company but will be selectable for products, and POs from every company you have set up.
This option will make vendors accessible from every company under your account, but they will be managed only from the default company. This would mean that whenever you click a vendor reference link, you will open the Vendor details page in the default company.
To make vendors client-wide, go to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > Purchasing and select Enable Vendors To Be Client Wide.
When your vendors are configured to be company-wide, you can have different vendors in different companies, which aren’t necessarily linked to each other. This option will split vendors as follows:
- Vendors can be shared — If they were created in the default company
- Vendors can be company-specific — If they were created in a non-default company
To make vendors company-shared, enable the Share Vendors across Companies Client Setting.
To share existing vendors from the default company:
- Open the Vendors page in the secondary company.
- Select a vendor.
- From the Actions menu, select Sync Vendors.
By default, vendors are part of the company settings; therefore, they are company-specific. However, you can set up vendors in one company and make them available to all companies.
There are two ways to have vendors available for all companies:
- Client-wide vendors
- Company shared vendors
This option will place all vendors into the default company. Vendors will be client-wide and only accessible from the default company. If you click a vendor reference link, you will open the Vendors page in the default company.
- Select the Client Setting Enable vendors to be Client Wide.
- If there are existing vendors in multiple companies, a temporary action, Prep Vendors Client wide, must be run by SellerCloud Support to merge them into the default company. It should be run before enabling Enable vendors to be Client Wide. Products will lose their default vendor (Product Purchasing page). However, the vendor product will stay under the vendor.
Company shared vendors
This option will split vendors as follows:
- Vendors can be shared – If they were created in the default company
- Vendors can be company-specific – If they were created in a non-default company
- Select the Client Setting Share Vendors across Companies.
- New vendors will be available in both companies. However, you will only be able to edit the vendor from the default company.
- To share existing vendors from the default company, open the Vendors page in the secondary company.
- Click Action Menu > Sync Vendors > Go.