Walmart Marketplace requires different attributes on the products, depending on their category.
Update a single product’s attributes
You can manually update Walmart Marketplace attributes from the product’s Walmart Marketplace properties (red X appears if required attributes are missing):
- Click the Manage Attributes link.
- If the product has no Walmart Parent Category and Child Category set, you must select these first; read more about Walmart categories. The list of attributes will now appear. Not all are required, and they vary based on the category.
You can bulk-update products with Walmart attributes using a file import:
- Go to Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Walmart Marketplace Attributes.
- Click Download Template. See the description of the template headers, below.
- Populate the template with Category Name, Attribute Name, and Value (expected values are alphanumeric). Category is required because attributes are category-specific; read more about Walmart categories.
- After saving the template, click Choose File > Upload Attributes to import.
Walmart Attributes template headers
The downloaded template’s headers are defined as follows:
- Product ID – SKU of the product as shown in SellerCloud
- WalmartAPI ParentCategory – Walmart parent category
- Walmart API ChildCategory – Walmart child category
- Attribute Name – Name of the attribute (example : color, size, etc)
- Attribute Value – Value corresponding to the AttributeName (example: red, Medium, etc.)
- Parent Node – Category node that the attribute comes from. (ParentField on the Manage Attributes page.)