Sellercloud gives you the option to sell on international marketplaces in local currency with product descriptions reconfigured in the local language, even if your company is set as a U.S. company with U.S. currency.
Creating a child company with international credentials
- Create a child company with international credentials. For example, if your company name is My Company, create another company called My Company UK.
- On the My Company UK profile, choose the Country Code UK and choose GBP (Sterling) in the Currency field.
- Under Company Settings > Default Company (My Company) > Open Toolbox > Click Int’l Marketplace Preferences.
- Go to UK dropdown field > Choose your UK company > Check the Auto Convert Price and Translate Product boxes.
- Click Queue Shadow Creation/Updation and Save.
- This action automatically creates shadow SKUs of all products for the UK company. The products will be priced in GBP currency according to the daily conversion rate (one-time conversion) and described in British English. Because they are shadow SKUs, they share inventory with the parent U.S. company, so there is no risk of overselling.
There are four ways that you can update currency for a new child company with international credentials.
- Currency conversions can be done on a product’s home page.
- You can add manual conversion rates that will override the automated values you receive from the API. Go to Settings > Company > Toolbox > Currency Conversion (Manual) > Choose From Currency, To Currency, Rate > Click Go.
- To bulk-convert currency to multiple selected SKUs, choose the Client Setting Enable convert currencies in bulk. The Convert Currency action will be available on the Manage Inventory page.
- To update the currency conversion rate for all products in the international company, queue the Shadow Creation/Updation as above.