With Shipbridge’s batch shipping feature, you can select any number of orders from the grid and process similar shipping methods in batches.
You can also batch-print shipping labels. Batch-printing shipping labels is a faster, more streamlined label-printing process than selecting multiple orders and printing them from the main grid.
Start Batch Shipping
To batch ship orders:
- Select the orders to ship from the main order grid.
- Click the Process Batches button.
- The batch processing window will show the order count associated with each of the shipping methods applied, and let you print all associated labels, one shipping method at a time.
- Enable split batches enables the Split batch button in the batch processing window. This button splits the selected rows.
- Separate batches per SKU and per number of units is available when you have used one of two filters: Includes SKU or Exclusive SKU/Otv. After using a filter, you can ship in batches. The grid in the Batches form will be sorted by SKUs instead of Services.
Batch-Print Labels to PDF
Batch printing gathers all data from all selected orders, loads them into a single file for processing by the shipping label software, and then generates and prints all of the labels simultaneously.
For example: If 100 orders are selected and 35 are set to be shipped by USPS Priority, 27 by UPS Ground, and the remaining 38 by UPS 3-Day Select, batch mode will let the shipper choose to select a method to batch-print.
So, if the shipper selects UPS Ground, 27 labels will be generated and printed with their corresponding invoices. The shipper can then move to the next shipping method and batch-print all of the labels and invoices for that method in the same way.
To configure the batch printing settings:
- Click Menu > Options > Batches.
- Click Save labels to a single batch PDF file – This will save a batch print to a regular PDF file.
- Prepare for thermal printing – When selected with the setting above, the file will be saved in a format compatible with a thermal printer as a 4 x 6 label (see Step #5 below).
- Auto-open after saving – When selected, the file will automatically open for review and printing.
- Click Save.
- Ship your order using the Process Batches option to generate and save a single PDF file.
- When printing the labels to a thermal printer (as configured above), you may need to select the option Fit on the printer dialog page under the sizing options.
Batch Print Half-Label /Half-Invoices to PDF
If you want to batch-print half-label/half-invoices to PDF, follow the steps below.
- Click Menu > Options > Batches tab > Check Save labels to a single batch PDF file and Print label and invoice on half-page on single PDF file > Click Save.
- Click Menu > Options > Invoice tab > Check Print API label/invoice on half page > Save.