With Shipbridge’s batch shipping feature, you can save time and streamline your workflow. You can select any amount of orders from the grid and process similar shipping methods in batches. You can also batch-print shipping labels. Batch-printing shipping labels is a faster, more streamlined label-printing process than selecting multiple orders and printing them from the main grid.
Start Batch Shipping
- Select the orders to ship from the main order grid.
- Click the Process Batches button.
- The batch processing window will show the order count associated with each of the shipping methods applied, and let you print all associated labels, one shipping method at a time.
Batch-Print Labels to PDF
Batch printing gathers all data from all selected orders, loads them into a single file for processing by the shipping label software, and then generates and prints all of the labels simultaneously.
For example: If 100 orders are selected and 35 are set to be shipped by USPS Priority, 27 by UPS Ground, and the remaining 38 by UPS 3-Day Select, batch mode will let the shipper choose to select a method to batch-print.
So, if the shipper selects UPS Ground, 27 labels will be generated and printed with their corresponding invoices. The shipper can then move to the next shipping method and batch-print all of the labels and invoices for that method in the same way.
To configure the batch printing settings:
- Click Menu > Options > Batches.
- Click Save labels to a single batch PDF file – This will save a batch print to a regular PDF file.
- Prepare for thermal printing – When selected with the setting above, the file will be saved in a format compatible with a thermal printer as a 4 x 6 label (see Step #5 below).
- Auto-open after saving – When selected, the file will automatically open for review and printing.
- Click Save.
- Ship your order using the Process Batches option to generate and save a single PDF file.
- When printing the labels to a thermal printer (as configured above), you may need to select the option Fit on the printer dialog page under the sizing options.
Batch Print Half-Label /Half-Invoices to PDF
If you want to batch-print half-label/half-invoices to PDF, follow the steps below.
- Click Menu > Options > Batches tab > Check Save labels to a single batch PDF file and Print label and invoice on half-page on single PDF file > Click Save.
- Click Menu > Options > Invoice tab > Check Print API label/invoice on half page > Save.