The Ship From address is the warehouse from which your shipment will be picked up for final delivery to a carrier’s fulfillment center.
The Ship From address is not your supplier’s address. Think of the Ship From address as your shipment’s last stop before being delivered to a fulfillment warehouse.
An order’s Ship From address is important as this is used for the shipping cost calculation.
Manage the Ship From Address
You can see the Ship From in the Address section in the bottom left corner.
By default, the label’s Ship From address is pulled from the profile of the company on the order.
To change that address in Sellercloud:
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company.
- Go to Address panel > Click Edit > Change the address.
- Click Save.
However, if you need a different Ship From address on the label, two options exist to override it:
- Channel Company Profile – This lets you set different Ship From addresses based on the originating channel.
- Shipbridge setting Use Warehouse Address – This setting is located in Menu > Options > Shipping, and uses the address set on the Ship From warehouse profile page.
To change this, in Sellercloud:
- Go to Settings > Inventory > Manage Warehouses.
- Open a warehouse > Click Edit > Change the address in the Address panel.
- Click Save.
By default, the Default Warehouse is the Ship From warehouse. However, you can set up Locations and Stations to ship from other warehouses.
Locations and Stations
To keep track of order shipping, you can set a shipping station location to identify where it was shipped.
Warehouses can also be associated with locations for inventory movement. Orders shipped from that location will deduct inventory from the associated warehouse.
Adding a New Location
Locations and stations are added (and edited) in SellerCloud:
- Click Settings > Inventory > Warehouse Locations > Click the plus icon to Add New Location.
- Enter a location name; for example, New Jersey. If you want to associate the warehouse for inventory reductions, select a warehouse from the Warehouse dropdown.
Note: This requires enabling the setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) in Shipbridge.
- Add an optional comment.
Assign Each Location To a Shipping Station
To assign each new or existing location and station to a different computer:
- In Shipbridge, click Menu > Options.
- On the General tab, find the Location and Station fields and select the desired values.Configure the following as desired:
- To only load orders into Shipbridge that are set to ship from this location – On the General tab, select Only load orders from specific warehouse.
- To associate inventory reductions from a station to a specific warehouse, select the setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) on the Shipping tab.
- To print the warehouse address as the return address, select the setting Use Warehouse Address on the Shipping tab.
Every order that is shipped from an assigned computer will have the location and station referenced on the Order Detail page.
All orders have a Show History button at the bottom of the page. Clicking it opens the Order Change History, logging every action applied to the order, including the employee login and timestamp.