Overstock.com is a popular marketplace for customers seeking discounts and low-cost shipping.
Adding Overstock products to Sellercloud
An Overstock listing can only be brought into Sellercloud after the product has been approved through Overstock’s “Offer” tool and given an Overstock SKU.
There are four ways to bring in your Overstock products:
- To add (or just Overstock-enable) an individual product into your system:
- Go to Add Product via Overstock on the Inventory tab > Enter the Partner SKU (not the Overstock one) on the left side > Choose a company > Click Add Product. A message will appear and inform you if the product has been successfully created or if there is an error.
- To add (or enable) numerous products simultaneously:
- Download a file of all your new products from Partner Oasis (Manage Products on the left menu panel > Select the appropriate products > Export) > Save it as an excel file > Go to Sellercloud and Add product via Overstock > Pick the company (on the right side) > Upload that file. The resulting queued job will log any errors.
- This third method will only work if you already have created the SKU and put all its information in Sellercloud:
- Open the SKU’s Overstock Properties page > Click Get Overstock SKU and Option SKU on the Action menu > Enable it by checking the Overstock enabled box > Click Save.
- Enable the Client Setting Auto Create Products From Over Stock Orders. As orders import, items will be created and inventory will sync. However, the Overstock Product ID and Overstock Option SKU will not be populated.
Automating Overstock settings
Set safety quantity and default quantity
You can set a safety quantity to help prevent overselling. It will subtract the safety quantity value from each item while posting inventory updates to Overstock. For example, if you set a safety quantity of 2 and you have 5 units of SKU ABCD, Sellercloud will send a quantity of 3 to Overstock.
Update Listings on Overstock
You can update the Overstock listings manually, automatically, or in bulk.
The manual Overstock inventory update can be done individually or in bulk.
- Individually: Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open a product > Toolbox > Overstock Properties > Actions menu > Revise Product.
- In bulk: Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select your products > Action menu > Update Inventory on Channel. In the newly open window, select Overstock > Select the products > Update.
Automation is controlled by Overstock’s general setting Enable Inventory Upload. When enabled, Sellercloud periodically sends automatic inventory updates. To allow this:
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Select a Company > Toolbox > Overstock > General Settings > Edit > Enable Inventory Upload > Save.
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Bulk Product Update.
- Generate a template with an OverStockEnabled column header with values of True or False to post the products on Overstock.