Fingerhut is a marketplace that offers low monthly payments options. It operates as a fulfillment channel, where the merchant dropships the order for Fingerhut.
Integrate with Fingerhut
You must have the following accounts to integrate your Fingerhut account with Sellercloud:
|Fingerhut||Because Fingerhut purchases products through dedicated buyers, you need to contact Fingerhut to become an approved seller and establish a connection with a buyer. You submit a catalog file to the buyer, who then decides what to purchase, and negotiates a price. Similar to other fulfillment channels, you do not post items to Fingerhut from Sellercloud. Rather, Sellercloud is utilized for inventory and order management.|
|CommerceHub||To integrate with Fingerhut, you need to have an account with CommerceHub.com, the management software used by Fingerhut for EDI document transmission. You will be assigned a Partner Setup Specialist who will work with Sellercloud Support to integrate your account and get you live on Fingerhut.|
To integrate Fingerhut with Sellercloud:
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > select a company.
- In Toolbox, select Fingerhut > General Settings > Edit.
- Check Fingerhut Enabled to make products available for listing on Fingerhut.
- Fill in the credentials > enter the FTP info.
- Click Actions > Test FTP credentials.
- Once the FTP credentials are verified, click Save.
Fingerhut Settings Explained
You can manage Fingerhut settings from the General Settings page.
|Fingerhut Enabled||Makes products available for Fingerhut listing.|
|Customer ISA Qualifier||ZZ|
|Customer ISA ID||Typically the customer’s phone number is used|
|Fingerhut ISA Qualifier||Supplied by Commerce Hub|
|Fingerhut ISA ID|
|Fingerhut Seller ID|
|Order Handling Fee||The amount to be charged per order.|
|Order Handling Fee Is Per Item||Check if the handling fee will be charged once per each individual product in an order.|
|Enable Secure FTP (SSH)||Enable this option. Allows sending files over secure shell (SSH), enhancing protection for file transfers.|
|Safety Qty||A buffer between the amount of inventory you have and the amount Sellercloud is sending to the channel to prevent overselling on high selling items.|
|Default Qty||Only applies to Replenishable products. For these products, the Default quantity is the number that will always be sent to the channel in inventory updates regardless of the actual available inventory.|
|Fingerhut FTP Server (Liaison VAN FTP Url)||Info is typically supplied by Commerce Hub in their integration instructions.|
|Fingerhut FTP User Name (Liaison VAN Customer Mailbox ID)|
|Fingerhut FTP Password (Liaison VAN Customer Mailbox Password)|
|FTP Port (Default 990, 22 For SFTP, Leave Blank For Auto)|
|Use Passive||Enable this option. FTP data transfer mode when the FTP client initiates both connections to the server, solving the problem of firewalls filtering the data port connection from the server.|
|FTP Folder For Orders, Tracking, Ack (Accept/Release/Functional), Invoices, Inventory||Folder paths for storing different file types.|
|Login Email||Fingerhut credentials|
|Enable Inventory Upload||Updates inventory automatically.|
|Enable Invoice Upload||Invoices Fingerhut for each shipped order.|
|Enable Order Download||Purchase order document from Fingerhut. Contains customer order info.|
|Enable Order Functional Acknowledgement||Informs Fingerhut that the order document has been received.|
|Enable Order Acknowledgement Accept||Informs Fingerhut that the order was brought to process successfully and will be shipped out.|
|Enable Order Acknowledgement Release||Informs Fingerhut that the order was acknowledged for cancellation.|
|Enable Order Fulfillment Upload||Notifies Fingerhut of shipping and provides shipping date/time and tracking.|
|Delete FTP Files After Processing||If left unchecked, incoming files will not be removed from the FTP and may cause a timeout during retrieval. It may be smart to check this option only after you test the order download.|
|Requires Third Party Shipping||Enable if you want your order to ship through a third party’s account.|
Selling on Fingerhut
Fingerhut is a unique marketplace that puts millions of products into the hands of shoppers through low monthly payments option. Selling on this marketplace can earn you customers who may be unable to purchase more expensive items. Fingerhut operates as a fulfillment channel, where the merchant dropships the order for Fingerhut. Integration requires a Commerce Hub Account.Learn more about opening a supplier account with Fingerhut here.
What You Need to Integrate and Sell on Fingerhut
- Seller Account with Fingerhut
- Fingerhut purchases products through dedicated buyers, so you need to contact Fingerhut to become an approved seller and establish a connection with a buyer. You would submit a catalog file to the buyer, who then decides what to purchase, and negotiates a price. Similar to other fulfillment channels, you do not post items to Fingerhut from Sellercloud. Rather, Sellercloud is utilized for inventory and order management.
- CommerceHub Account
- To integrate with Fingerhut, you need to have an account with CommerceHub.com, the management software used by Fingerhut for EDI document transmission. You will be assigned a Partner Setup Specialist who will work with Sellercloud Support to integrate your account and get you live on Fingerhut.
- Configure Credentials and Test EDI Documents
Set up Fingerhut in Sellercloud
- Company Settings > Toolbox > Fingerhut > General Settings.
- Fill in the following credentials:
Customer ISA Qualifier ZZ Customer ISA ID Typically the customers phone number is used. Fingerhut ISA Qualifier Supplied by Commerce Hub Fingerhut ISA ID Supplied by Commerce Hub Supplier/Warehouse ID Supplied by Commerce Hub Enable Secure FTP Yes Fingerhut FTP Info Info is typically supplied by Commerce Hub in their integration instructions. Use Passive Yes
The following EDI documents are employed for Fingerhut integration.
- 850 Order Download— Purchase order document from Fingerhut. Contains customer order info.
- 856 Order Fulfillment Upload— Notifies Fingerhut of shipping and provides shipping date/time and tracking
- 846 Inventory Upload— Updates inventory
Automatic Inventory Updates
Sellercloud will update inventory automatically. This automation is controlled by Enable Inventory Upload on the Fingerhut Settings page.
Manual Updates to Fingerhut
Inventory can be updated manually on the Fingerhut properties page and in bulk from Manage inventory page.
- Update Inventory on Channel > Go > Fingerhut > Continue.
Automatic Order Download and Tracking Upload
On Fingerhut Settings page enable the following settings to automate order processing:
- Enable Order Download
- Enable Order Functional Acknowledgement— Informs Fingerhut that the order document has been received.
- Enable Order Fulfillment Upload— Sends tracking confirmation back to Fingerhut.
Fingerhut Invoices/Packing Slips
As a fulfillment channel, where the customer is buying from Fingerhut, the required packing slip must conform to Fingerhut’s formatting requirements.
With Fingerhut orders, a Fingerhut-formatted packing slip will print out as the invoice from each order. This is done by default and requires no configuration. However, if Per-channel Invoices is enabled, you would need to configure the invoice as instructed here. Fingerhut sends orders from 3 sites— Fingerhut.com, Gettington.com, and Paycheck Direct. The invoice will print out the correct site logo and name based on where the order originated.
Cancel Fingerhut Order
Fingerhut order cancellation must be done on the Fingerhut seller portal. After cancelling the order, set the order as cancelled in Sellercloud as well from the Manage Orders page.