Royal Mail (RM) is the oldest and the largest letter and package delivery service in the United Kingdom (UK). They deliver a one-price-goes-anywhere service, six days a week to more than 30 million addresses across the UK. They even offer options for more eco-friendly deliveries.
Integrate Shipbridge with Royal Mail’s API
- Go to Menu > Options > Carriers > Royal Mail.
- Enter the following credentials:
- Account Number: This is the 10 digit Customer Account Number allocated by RM
- Username: API username which will be supplied by RM
- Password: The plain text password will be provided to you by RM. You will be able to set a different password when installing the certificate. Password constructed as defined in WS-Security. Username Token Profile (with the SHA-1 hash of the plain text password) used as the password information.
- Check Use Royal Mail.
Due to Royal Mail regulations, you will need to enter your certificate and password each time the application starts.
Install the Certificate
- You will receive an email from the Royal Mail Group Certificate Authority with a URL.
- Click the URL to download a ZIP File. Extract the file.
- Inside the file will be instructions on how to install the Certificate. Follow the instructions. The instructions should read:
- Start the Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard > Click Next.
- The browser should default to where the certificate is located. If it does not, find the location of the extracted file and keep clicking in until you find the file that ends on page 12.
- Enter the certificate password (provided to you by RM). You must also check the Enable strong private key protection option and leave unchecked the Mark the private key as exportable option (these are strict requirements of RM Security Policy).
- Click Next.
- Leave the automatic setting > Click Next.
- A summary screen will show > Click Finished.
- You will be prompted with a number of Microsoft CryptoStore dialogue boxes > Select Set Security level.
- RM Group’s certificate security policies require that you must select the High setting > Click Next.
- You can now set a different password if desired.
- PASSWORD FOR: A reminder of the password > Click Next.
- You will be taken back to the original screen > Click OK.
- In Shipbridge, go back to the Royal Mail tab.
- Click the Select button next to the Certificate field > Select the newly imported certificate.
- Enter the password from step 2C in the Integrating Shipbridge with Royal Mail’s API section.
- Set the Service Occurrence to 1.
- Click on Test Credentials.