Before Enabling Inventory Upload, please make sure the following details are set on the Lightspeed General Settings Page:
- Shop Name – this should be the name of the Shop in Lightspeed which we are connecting to. Please make sure it is spelled exactly the same as in Lightspeed.
- Lightspeed Register ID – this should be the register where the inventory sales will be placed. Lightspeed recommends using an archived register for this purpose. (This is for reporting purposes)
- Lightspeed Employee ID – You can get this from the employee details URL in Lightspeed
- Example – https://us.merchantos.com/?nam…d=12&tab=details. You would put 12 in the field on the settings page for the employee ID
The SellerCloud SKU is the custom SKU in LightSpeed. To communicate, SellerCloud must have the Lightspeed ItemID set up properly.
There are a few ways to accomplish this:
- Manually input the ID in the field on the Lightspeed Properties page.
- On the Lightspeed Product Properties page, you can run the action “Get ItemID from Lightspeed”.
- On the company Lightspeed Settings page (Toolbox > Lightspeed POS > General Settings) you can run the action “Get ItemIDs From Lightspeed”. This will request item ids for items that are Lightspeed enabled and do not have a Lightspeed Merchant SKU
If inventory upload is enabled on your Lightspeed settings page, and the LightspeedPOS windows service had been started on your server, inventory will automatically be sent to Lightspeed hourly, in the form of a sale.
- The products which are sent on the sale are determined by comparing the inventory which we have in SellerCloud to the quantity that is currently in Lightspeed.
- The price on all these sale items is set to $0.00
- The customer used for these sales is SellerCloud Inventory Sale Customer, which will be created with the first update and then used continually.
The inventory sales and a list of the items that were updated can both be found on the Lightspeed Documents page.
When updating inventory on a single product from the action menu on the Lightspeed Product Properties page (action: “Update Inventory on Lightspeed POS”), SellerCloud will update the inventory in Lightspeed in the form of an inventory count.