The Catalog Management page gives you quick access to all your products. It is a launching point for a variety of different functions. This article explains the basics.
Manage Catalog Page Overview
To access your product catalog, select Catalog > Manage Catalog.
While it might seem similar to the Manage Inventory page, this page is different because it lets you oversee product properties and characteristics versus inventory functions, such as:
- Providing product images
- Creating new products
- Creating new product groups
- Generating and cloning SKUs
- Restricting channel products
- Adding products to groups
- Importing product info in bulk
Products Search Overview
There are default filters already in place that provide you with easy access to the most common search criteria. Sellercloud lets you fully customize your product searches. You can add custom filters and columns, and you can organize your information from top to bottom.
When you navigate to the Manage Catalog page, you will see the default filters. These filters cannot be removed or changed. To use this feature, simply click on a filter and begin typing. A drop-down search will appear.
Customizing filters helps you narrow your search. You have a wide range of custom filters to choose from.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Custom Filters > Add Filter > Choose filter from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the new filter and input data.
- Click Search.
- Optional: You can click Save View to save this search criteria for future use. A pop-up tab will prompt you to name this view, and then click Save.
To delete a custom filter, click the trash icon next to the filter.
Custom Columns Overview
Customizing columns helps you to filter your view when searching. The default columns are SKU, Product Name, Average Cost, UPC, Channels, Company, Qty Avail. and Site Price. These are all Level 1 columns, which means that you will be able to quickly view this information.
There are also Level 2 columns, which you can view by clicking the small blue arrow next to the product. This provides you with more information without having to open the product details. The default Level 2 columns are Child Product ID, Per Kit Qty and Product Name.
Customizing your columns allows you to choose what information you want to have easily accessible when searching.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Click the vertical ellipses > Click Customize Columns.
- Click Add Column > Select which columns you want to add from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: You can reorganize the order of columns by clicking and dragging respective columns.
- Optional: You can delete columns by clicking on the trash icon.
Customizing how information is sorted from top to bottom can help you find what you are looking for more efficiently. The default sorting method is the Product ID.
Action Menu Overview
The action icon provides you with the tools to do a variety of different actions. You can add new products, clone products, create shadows, and perform actions in bulk. The action icon appears on the lower-right corner of your Manage Catalog page. It is a small button that turns dark blue when items are selected.
Clicking this icon opens a drop-down menu with various options. You can use the search engine to find a desired function or scroll. To use a function, simply click on it.
The action icon also gives you the ability to perform actions in bulk by selecting multiple products at once and then clicking the action icon.