It important to know which computer was used to ship an order and which employee shipped it. This information can be used to reprint a label or troubleshoot a shipping problem.
To keep track of order shipping, you can set a shipping station location to identify from where it was shipped.
You can also open an order’s history to determine under which employee login the order was handled.
Warehouses can also be associated with locations for inventory movement. Orders shipped from that location will deduct inventory from the associated warehouse.
Adding a new location
Locations and stations are added (and edited) in SellerCloud:
- Click Settings > Locations > Add New Location.
- Enter a location name; for example, New Jersey.
- If you want to associate the warehouse for inventory reductions, select a warehouse from the Warehouse dropdown. Note: This requires enabling the setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) in ShipBridge.
- Add an optional comment.
- Select the new location, and in the Station Name field, enter as many station names as needed, clicking Add Station after each one. Each station will be assigned an ID that can be used for identification, along with the station name.
Assigning each location to a shipping station
To assign each new or existing location and station to a different computer:
- In ShipBridge, click Menu > Options.
- On the General tab, find the Location and Station fields and select the desired values.
- Configure the following as desired:
- To only load orders into ShipBridge that are set to ship from this location – On the General tab, select Only load orders from specific warehouse
- To associate inventory reductions from a station to a specific warehouse, select the setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) on the Shipping tab
- To print the warehouse address as the return address, select the setting Use Warehouse Address on the Shipping tab
Every order that is shipped from an assigned computer will have the location and station referenced on the Order Detail page.
All orders have a Show History button at the bottom of the page. Clicking it opens the Order Change History, logging every action applied to the order, including the employee login and timestamp.