Introducing shipping label configurations
Sellercloud integrates with many carriers, including the US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and more. Each carrier offers multiple services, often with different label formats. With the label printer configuration, you can select the label printer and the specific format for each service individually.
Check out the video tutorial on configuring shipping label printers!
Configuring shipping labels
To configure shipping label printing options:
- Go to Menu > Options > Carrier tab (e.g. USPS).
- Click Label Printer Configuration. The grid opens to configure the service and the packaging type with printer and label formats.
- Choose Select service from the drop-down.
You must select Default for the shipping service and package type in the first row, and configure a printer as outlined below.
- Select the packaging type. If no packaging type is selected, ShipBridge will use the default packaging type that is set on the Carriers tab.
- Click Add to open a printer configuration pop-up.
- Select the printer. If you selected a thermal printer, select the Thermal radio button. For all other printers, select the Letter-sized (PDF) radio button.
- Select the Label Format file type. See more on file types below.
- Test-print a label. Click OK.
- Repeat the process to add more services as needed.
- Click the OK button on the configuration window.
- When you’re finished configuring the carrier tab, save your settings.
Configuring label orientation
There is an orientation setting to control the orientation of thermal labels to print either top to bottom or bottom to top. This is especially important when using Doc tab labels for FedEx.
On the FedEx tab, enable Use Doc Tab.
Doc tab labels can come in different sizes, with the doc tab in the front or back. Select a label size and type that you are using from the drop-down. Depending on the doc tab available, you may have to configure the orientation of the label – top to bottom or bottom to top.
Printing invoices/labels on half-page in ShipBridge
ShipBridge lets you print invoices/labels on a half-page.
To enable this feature:
- Click Menu > Options > Invoice tab.
- Enable Print API label/invoice on the half-page to show these additional settings:
- Select the printer and print a test page. The printer set here must match the printer set up in Label printer config.
- Choose to print the invoice horizontally.
- You can select your preferred template and adjust the positioning. You can request additional templates for your requirements; contact SellerCloud Support for details.
Different templates can be used for half-page invoices:
- Default – Prints the default template.
- FRE – Adds more information under the default template, including the total invoice sum, tax, and shipping fee. Show me.
- LB – Adds more information to the default template, including returns’ information. Show me.
- NJ – Similar to the default template, but a smaller size. Show me.
- OM – This format requires a plugin from Sellercloud. It adds the barcode UPC on top of the label, along with printing the default invoice. Show me.
Example schematic of the template BurrisComputerFormsLS 6x4BL can be found here.
Configuring reference order information
Order Information can be referenced on the label using the rubber stamps. For example, you can select to place the SKU on the label from rubber stamp 1, the order number from rubber stamp 2, and the product description from rubber stamp 3.
Understanding label formats
For USPS, the three file formats are EPL2, ZPL2, and PDF. EPL2 and ZPL2 are formats that work specifically with thermal printers. You can also use the PDF format to print on a thermal printer. All formats will print out with slight differences in font and sharpness. Not all thermal printers are compatible with EPL.
Non-thermal printers, like laser printers, require a PDF format selection.