Integrating Overstock with Sellercloud
Overstock.com is a popular marketplace for customers looking for discounts and low shipping costs. Sellercloud integrates with Overstock by fulfilling all of the requirements to give you access to this unique sales channel, and this integration offers efficient inventory and order management for Overstock.
As with most fulfillment channels, you must create listings directly on Overstock, and negotiate pricing with your Overstock PCA. Apply to sell on Overstock here.
- Contact Overstock to create an FTP. You must give Overstock the following information:
- Customer ISA Qualifer – ZZ
- Customer ISA ID – Can be any number. We generally use the phone number of the client.
- Overstock will email FTP credentials and various Qualifiers and IDs.
- Click Company Settings > Toolbox > Overstock General Settings page.
- If the page is set to the old API integration settings, open the Action menu and Switch to EDI Settings.
- Enter the Customer Qualifier and ID as above, then enter the remaining identifiers supplied by Overstock.
- Enter the FTP information.
- Check the Enable SOFS setting.
- Set the port to 10022.
- Enable Use Passive.
- Check Delete Files after Processing. If left unchecked, incoming files will not be removed from the FTP and may cause a timeout during retrieval. It may be smart to check this option only after you test the order download.
- Test FTP credentials.
- Save your settings.
Adding Overstock products to Sellercloud
An Overstock listing can only be brought into Sellercloud after the product has been approved through Overstock’s “Offer” tool and given an Overstock SKU.
There are four ways to bring in your Overstock products:
- To add (or just Overstock-enable) an individual product into your system, go to Add Product via Overstock on the Inventory tab, enter the Partner SKU (not the Overstock one) on the left side, choose a company, and click Add Product. It will tell you if the product has been successfully created or if there is an error.
- To add (or enable) numerous products simultaneously, download a file of all your new products from Partner Oasis. (Manage Products on the left menu panel > select the appropriate products > export.) Save it as an excel file. Go into Sellercloud, to Add product via Overstock, pick the company (on the right side), and upload that file. The resulting queued job will log any errors.
- The third way, which would only work if you already have created the SKU and put all its information in Sellercloud, is to open that SKU’s Overstock Properties page, click Get Overstock SKU and Option SKU on the Action menu, enter the prices and costs, and enable it by checking the Overstock enabled box. Click Save.
- Enable the Client Setting Auto Create Products From Over Stock Orders. As orders import, items will be created and inventory will sync. However, the Overstock Product ID and Overstock Option SKU will not be populated.
Listing on Overstock
Understanding Overstock price control
Unlike most other channels, Sellercloud doesn’t send automatic price updates to Overstock. Overstock is a first-party relationship and does not allow drop shippers to change the price as they like. Prices must be approved by the buyer at Overstock. You can submit the price you are willing to sell it for to Overstock, but ultimately they control the prices shown to the consumer.
Updating Overstock listings
- To update quantity individually, select Revise Inventory from the Action menu on the product’s Overstock Properties page.
- To bulk-update, select Update Inventory on Channel from the Action menu on the Manage Inventory page.
- Sellercloud only updates inventory to Overstock if the product is marked Overstock enabled on the product’s Overstock Properties page.
Automating Overstock settings
Set safety quantity and default quantity
You can set a safety quantity to help prevent overselling. It will subtract the safety quantity value from each item while posting inventory updates to Overstock. For example, if you set a safety quantity of 2 and you have 5 units of SKU ABCD, Sellercloud will send a quantity of 3 to Overstock.
Enable inventory controls
Inventory feeds are enabled from Company Settings > Overstock > General Settings. The feed will be sent at regular intervals, usually once an hour.
Automatic Overstock Order Download and Tracking Upload
Click Company Settings > Overstock Settings. Enable the following settings.
- Enable Order Download – Orders download approximately every hour. Ensure that shipping method mapping is configured. See below.
- Enable Order Functional Acknowledgement – Informs Overstock that the order document has been received.
- Enable Order Fulfillment Upload – Sends tracking automatically to Overstock.
Configuring Overstock shipping
As a fulfillment channel where the customer is buying from Overstock, the required packing slip must conform to Overstock’s formatting requirements. With Overstock orders, an Overstock-formatted packing slip will print as the invoice from each order. This is done by default and requires no configuration. However, if “Per-channel Invoices” is enabled, you must configure the invoice as explained here.
Enable order download and shipping confirmations
Once you enable order download (on the Overstock General Settings page), orders will start to come in. The orders are downloaded by a scheduler, usually every hour. In some cases, we can shorten that interval between downloads, but usually this isn’t necessary.
After an order ships, a ship confirmation will be sent to Overstock automatically on that same interval. There is an option to delay ship confirmations until end of day, but this is not enabled by default. Some sellers like that option as it provides a window of time where they can still change the shipping method or cancel the order after the shipping label prints.
Configure Overstock shipping labels
ShipBridge will automatically set the Ship From Address to come from Overstock per Overstock’s policy. If your contract with Overstock lets you ship using Overstock’s shipper account, you can configure ShipBridge to use 3rd party billing.
Configure Overstock packing slips
Overstock packing slips will print when printing invoices for Overstock orders. Read about Fulfillment Channel Invoices here.
From within ShipBridge, there are a few different packing slip options that you can configure. These are controlled from Menu > Options > Invoice by clicking the ‘Overstock invoice options’ button on the bottom. If you are using a 4 x 6 thermal packing slip, there are options to include the return policy, location notes, barcode, etc. There is also an option to print a full-size letter packing slip or a two-sided label where the label prints on one half and the shipping label on the other half.
Canceling an Overstock order
Canceling an Overstock order will result in penalties from Overstock. At times, however, Overstock will request you to cancel the order without having it marked as short-shipped. (In Overstock lingo, “Short Ship” means not shipping.) Use one of the following two options on the Manage Orders page to remove the order reserve while preventing the order from exporting to ShipBridge, yet still not send a cancellation order to Overstock:
- Select Set as Cancel from the Action Menu. This option is a localized cancellation status and will not send a cancellation notice to Overstock.
- Select Set as Void from the Action Menu. This option is a localized void status and will not send a cancellation notice to Overstock.