Transaction reports are product-based reports that show details about related transactions, such as payments and refunds. There are two types of transactions:
|Debit – Increases an asset or expense account or decreases a liability or equity account.||
|Credit – Increases a liability or equity account or decreases an asset or expense account.||
Important! Debits and credits can have both positive and negative values based on the type of account they impact:
- Positive debit: Customer payment to you debits (increases) your bank account.
- Negative debit: Your payment to a channel debits (increases) your accounts payable account.
- Positive credit: Refunding a customer credits (decreases) your bank account.
- Negative credit: Obtaining a refund from a channel credits (decreases) your accounts payable account.
Transaction Reports vs. Product Profit Reports
While product profit reports show payments and refunds per product, transaction reports break these down at the transaction level.
Transaction Reports vs. Sales Reports
Accounting departments prefer transaction reports over sales reports because they provide true per-month/time period income and expenditure.
For example, if you sell $100,000 of orders in December but process $5,000 worth of returns in January:
|Product profit and sales reports:||Apply returns of $5,000 to the orders, and recalculate December’s P&L to sales of $95,000.|
|Transaction reports:||Retain $100,000 for calculating December’s P&L, and add $5,000 to the month of January.|
Sellercloud offers the following transaction reports:
- Product Profit Summary – shows each product’s profit and loss information by summarizing the order and non-order transactions within a specific period.
- Product Profit Details – details profit and loss for each product’s order and non-order transactions within a specific period.
- Profit and Loss by Order Summary – summarizes the profit and loss for orders in a specific period.
- Profit and Loss by Order Details – shows individual orders’ profit and loss details based on transactions made on a specific date or date range.
- Payments & Refunds by Date – shows all order payments and refund transactions made on a specific date or date range.
- Refund Details – provides details about all refunds processed in a specific period. It includes information about all refunds, refunded products, and order details.
- Returns and Reimbursement Summary (FBA) – provides an overview of FBA returns and reimbursements for a specific period.
- Returns and Reimbursement Details (FBA) – provides detailed information about FBA returns and reimbursements for a specific period.
- Transaction Summary – a monthly report that summarizes revenue and expense transactions.
- Transaction Details by Date – provides a detailed overview of all transactions made in the specified date range and shows the financial performance of your business.
- Transactional COGS For Returns – provides information about the cost of all returns and reimbursements for a specific period.
- Tax Collection By Transaction – shows the tax collected on debits (sales and payments) and the tax refunded on credits (refunds) for order transactions within your chosen filing period or date range.