PayTrace is a payment gateway service that allows businesses to accept payments for customer orders securely. PayTrace provides merchants with tools to manage their transactions, process refunds, and generate detailed reports on activity.
In this article, you will learn how to integrate Sellercloud’s Waytopay.me application with PayTrace. This integration allows you to accept customer payments via credit or debit card for orders from the following channels:
- Local store
PayTrace supports vaulting, securely storing your customers’ payment information as a token. This simplifies the ordering process for your customers, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter card details when making multiple purchases. Additionally, you can charge or refund your customers quickly and efficiently without the need to manually enter their credit card information every time.
Before you can set up PayTrace to process payments:
- Follow the Payment Settings Configuration instructions to sign up for Waytopay.
- Sign up for a PayTrace account.
- Obtain your PayTrace API Username and Password:
- Log in to your PayTrace account.
- Select Users > New User.
- Set the Type of User to API User and fill in the rest of the User Information section. The User Name and Password are your API username and API password for the integration setup.
- Click Select All in the Permissions section to grant all required permissions.
- Click Save.
To integrate PayTrace:
- Log into the Waytopay Merchant Portal with your Sellercloud team name and login credentials.
- Click the company for which you want to set up PayTrace.
- Click Enable Waytopay for this company.
- Select Custom payment gateway.
- Click the button to enable Credit Cards and then enable Accepted credit cards.
- Click Change CC Processor.
- Select PayTrace and enter your API Username and API Password.
- Click Test credentials to ensure the connection works.
- Click Save.
Note: Once you have completed these steps, it’s important to avoid selecting the Stripe option as doing so will disable PayTrace. To use PayTrace, make sure Custom payment gateway is selected under Payment Methods and has the green dot next to it, indicating that it’s active.
Apart from connecting PayTrace, you can configure the following settings in Waytopay:
- Click Manage channels to enable or disable Waytopay for specific channels
- Enter an alternative name for the company to appear on the payment page.
- Try Sellercloud’s live CRM service Memaila to communicate with buyers.
- Enter an email for customer support from the payment page.
- Click Customize subject fields to configure predefined frequently asked questions.
- Check Automatically email receipt to payer to automatically send invoices to customers after they pay.
- Check Email payment notifications to merchant to automatically receive payment notifications when customers pay.
- Check the Accept partial payments box to let customers make partial payments.
- You can also set a minimum charge amount for partial payments.
Refer to the details below to learn more about this integration:
- Waytopay sends the Sellercloud Order ID as a “Customer Reference ID” to PayTrace when authorizing and charging payments.
- Refunds are based on the PayTrace Transaction ID, not on vaulted credit card details.
- Once a card is added to the PayTrace Vault, it saves a Vault Reference ID and the card number’s last four digits. Next time, the integration will use the saved Vault Reference ID to process transactions.
- When there are multiple saved cards, you have to select the desired card from the ‘Available Cards’ drop-down, and then the respective Vault Ref# will be populated.
- A Vault Ref# field is added on the Manage Orders > Order No. > Receive Payments page in Sellercloud Alpha. If you load a vaulted credit card on this page and it has a Vault Ref#, it will auto-populate there.